The Student Room Group

Trinity Hall Accommodation

I have a few questions regarding Trinity Hall's accommodation. Thank you!

1. Pros and Cons and which one would you prefer: WYNG gardens, Wychfield, or Central site?
2. For Central site, are the rooms facing Latham court more expensive than those facing Avery court or North court?
3. Are the buildings/floors coed?
4. Option for living off campus?
(If the answer to 4 is yes) 5. Any frats or ILGs?
6. Is clems part of WYNG gardens?

Much appreciated.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey, regarding 5, the UK doesn’t have frats and I have no idea what an ILG is

The rest of them I have no idea - do you have an offer?
Original post by ImprobableCacti
Hey, regarding 5, the UK doesn’t have frats and I have no idea what an ILG is

The rest of them I have no idea - do you have an offer?

ILGs are independent living groups. And no, I don't have an offer yet. Decision comes out in 10 days.
Original post by DeltaEpsilonPhi
ILGs are independent living groups. And no, I don't have an offer yet. Decision comes out in 10 days.

I know the decision comes out in 10 days, you just seemed pretty confident you would get an offer :wink:

You will get all of this information if you get an offer.
Not that confident lol. I'm just in my Cambridge fantasy.
Reply 5
I have a few questions regarding Trinity Hall's accommodation. Thank you!

1. Pros and Cons and which one would you prefer: WYNG gardens, Wychfield, or Central site?
2. For Central site, are the rooms facing Latham court more expensive than those facing Avery court or North court?
3. Are the buildings/floors coed?
4. Option for living off campus?
(If the answer to 4 is yes) 5. Any frats or ILGs?
6. Is clems part of WYNG gardens?

Much appreciated.

In first year you are automatically (according to price bands) allocated Central accommodation, you don't pick it.
https://www.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/prospective-students/life/accommodation/detail.asp?ItemID=1597

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Doonesbury

I actually applied to trinity hall, but my interview was at trinity college, is this correct? (I really don't mind, I just want in :tongue:)
Reply 7
Original post by marinacalder
I actually applied to trinity hall, but my interview was at trinity college, is this correct? (I really don't mind, I just want in :tongue:)

You applied to TitHall for NatSci and all your interviews where at Trinity?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not that confident lol. I'm just in my Cambridge fantasy.

Hahaha
In first year you are automatically (according to price bands) allocated Central accommodation, you don't pick it.
https://www.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/prospective-students/life/accommodation/detail.asp?ItemID=1597

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh I missed that. Thanks!

Feelsbad if you don't get the Latham court rooms.
What subject are you applying to do? I got told at an interview for medicine you live off campus for last few years.

I would rather have trinity college than trinity hall. Just personal preference.
Original post by Alison12345
What subject are you applying to do? I got told at an interview for medicine you live off campus for last few years.

I'm doing engineering
Higher chance of getting winter pooled though, then maybe ending up at Homerton or even no offers when you could've got one at a college that you actually like.

What is wrong with Homerton? Also, I thought college choice doesn't affect your chances of getting an offer.
Original post by PhilAndTheo
What is wrong with Homerton? Also, I thought college choice doesn't affect your chances of getting an offer.

That was a joke, 030 I have nothing against homerton.

Although college choice "shouldn't"(let's not get there) affect your chances of getting an offer, it does affect your chance of getting winter pooled.
You applied to TitHall for NatSci and all your interviews where at Trinity?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah.. I was so glad to get an interview I didn’t question it
That was a joke, 030 I have nothing against homerton.

Although college choice "shouldn't"(let's not get there) affect your chances of getting an offer, it does affect your chance of getting winter pooled.

I applied to Oxford, we don’t have winter pool :smile:

Maybe you accidentally applied to Trinity?
Original post by CompSciCat
Maybe you accidentally applied to Trinity?

That, or your counselor accidentally placed you in Trinity through UCAS.

Have you received admission emails off Trinity or Trinity Hall? If you haven't received any off Trinity Hall, you could have applied to Trinity by mistake.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending