Assessd Case Analysis, citing case notes Watch

Chichaldo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am reading this http://ukscblog.com/case-comment-isl...c-28-part-two/ and I am wondering if it is suitable to quote and cite this within my case analysis?

Also, is using the internet in general frowned upon for sources in such essays and assessments at university?

Thanks in advance.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Chichaldo)
I am reading this http://ukscblog.com/case-comment-isl...c-28-part-two/ and I am wondering if it is suitable to quote and cite this within my case analysis?

Also, is using the internet in general frowned upon for sources in such essays and assessments at university?

Thanks in advance.
If they give an argument which you can't find in more "legit" sources, yes. But you should be looking at all the relevant legit sources first.

Pal got a high first for his disso on the Dos Santos case purely from blog posts, though this was about a month or so after it was decided.
Chichaldo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
If they give an argument which you can't find in more "legit" sources, yes. But you should be looking at all the relevant legit sources first.

Pal got a high first for his disso on the Dos Santos case purely from blog posts, though this was about a month or so after it was decided.
Ahh okay, I mean it was early 2017 but I suppose that is not so long in the legal world. What kind of sources would be 'more legit' when searching on Westlaw, Lexisnexis or elsewhere?
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Chichaldo)
Ahh okay, I mean it was early 2017 but I suppose that is not so long in the legal world. What kind of sources would be 'more legit' when searching on Westlaw, Lexisnexis or elsewhere?
Journal articles. Search the case on Westlaw or Lexis, and at the side there will be academic articles about the case. The best source is the Modern Law Review, and I usually manually search on the Wiley site for that.

Read them, see if there's anything good in them. If your blog is better, use that.
Chichaldo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
Journal articles. Search the case on Westlaw or Lexis, and at the side there will be academic articles about the case. The best source is the Modern Law Review, and I usually manually search on the Wiley site for that.

Read them, see if there's anything good in them. If your blog is better, use that.
Wiley? Thanks a lot though,have found some. (:
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.5%
I used to but I don't now (17)
2.37%