The Student Room Group

Summer Job Guide for Students (and everyone)!

Scroll to see replies

Carlos The Villan
You going to Osmington right?

Yeh .. if I get it, no vacancies when I phoned last week
Cherry Kisses
Yeh .. if I get it, no vacancies when I phoned last week

Oh right, hopefully some might come up later in the summer maybe.
Carlos The Villan
Oh right, hopefully some might come up later in the summer maybe.

Yeh I hope so, they said they might so i'll try again tommorrow. Which camp are you staying at?
Cherry Kisses
Yeh I hope so, they said they might so i'll try again tommorrow. Which camp are you staying at?

I will be staying at Hillcrest in Herefordshire.
Carlos The Villan
I will be staying at Hillcrest in Herefordshire.

Wickid, hope you have a great time :biggrin:
Reply 65
hereford...i miss the place.it'll be a bit quite i have to say though,well depending where exactly you are.have fun though! i wish i was at summer school this year, would be wicked fun.
Cherry Kisses
Wickid, hope you have a great time :biggrin:

Thanks, I hope you get in as well :smile: it will depend on when you can start as well on whether you get in this year as well.
La Trampa
hereford...i miss the place.it'll be a bit quite i have to say though,well depending where exactly you are.have fun though! i wish i was at summer school this year, would be wicked fun.

Well the nearest town to me where I will be is Ross-on-wye
Reply 68
hmmm me thinks it'll be quiet then. but you can easily get to hereford, worcester, birmingham, leominster (although there' nothing really there) etc. you'll love the sheep and fresh air and farm smells and yeh hehe i miss it! :bawling:
La Trampa
hmmm me thinks it'll be quiet then. but you can easily get to hereford, worcester, birmingham, leominster (although there' nothing really there) etc. you'll love the sheep and fresh air and farm smells and yeh hehe i miss it! :bawling:

Yeah it is supposed to be quiet in that area. But yes it's within easy reach of the likes of Birmingham and Hereford etc and close to my beloved football team :biggrin:

I mean also there's a fair few pubs around plus there will be a social party so it won't be boring I imagine.
I love quiet places, much better imo - can't stand big cities.
I like both, sometimes the quiet but other times something more lively.
Reply 72
Oh don't get me wrong,you'll love it. last year my group and i were in malvern and although it's not the same,it is quiet so we went to pub nearly every night :redface: hehe
Reply 73
loadz of cool summer jobs on www.summer-jobs.co.uk as well. Have applied to work at Henley Regatta and the Oval - hoping to bump into someone famous!
Reply 74
thanks but im still a little confused..really wanting to get a job for this summer from as soon as possible, finished my gcses (well igcses) already, but not sure how to go about it...do i need a cv?if not then what do i do?can ijust walk into a random shop on the highstreet and ask for a job application form or should i ask if they have any job vacancies or what?!
Reply 75
just walk in, ask if they've got any vacancies and if they do, hand in a cv or ask for an application form.
Reply 76
anyone worked for Kings Camps day camps? does not pay much bit it looks fun??
Reply 77
I've not heard of Kings but I am going to work for Twin this summer, just wondered if anyone else has ever worked for them? Or if you had any tips?? :smile:
I applied for Kings Camps last summer but ended up working for Barracudas, wish I went to Kings Camps now.
Reply 79
Doodle21
I've not heard of Kings but I am going to work for Twin this summer, just wondered if anyone else has ever worked for them? Or if you had any tips?? :smile:

I've worked for Twin, what site are you going to be at? Look through the thread, Twin have been mentioned a few times.

Quick Reply