The Student Room Group

Film Challenge 2018!

We have 52 weeks of 2018 ahead of us, and plenty of films to watch!

This is a challenge I set myself every year. In 2017 I watched 122 films, so just over 2 a week. I'm hoping to beat that this year! You can set yourself whatever goal you want. It could be 1 a month or 7 a week. It's up to you!

For anyone who wants to join in, here is the guide!

- Each film must be one you haven't seen before (it doesn't have to be a new release though!)
- After you've watched it, leave a post with a rating out of 10 and your current total
- You can write a review if you'd like, but leave it in a spoiler to keep it tidy!
- If there are any spoilers in your review, make it clear outside of the tag

Have fun!

Current totals/goals:

alicelmoro2 - 0/30
AnaaaElec - 23/200
AndrewSCO - 24/80
BuzzyB73 - 11/26
chelseadagg3r - 46/156
CoolCavy - 7/20
cykam812 - 94/250
DCFCfan4eva (started 11/02/2018) - 6/46
Franzen - 3/100
GeoJones94 - 15/40
Gofre - 65/156
Grassh0pper - 86/100
LinguisticAlison (started 14/02/18) - 14/50
markovchain17 - 20/40
mathssnakee - 16/?
phoebemallow - 2/52
rockrunride - 16/20
shamefulburrito - 52/?
ShantelleLuis - /12
Stuff Little Fingers - 15/100
The Night King - 23/100
ZiggyStardust_ - 5/150
You?
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chelseadagg3r
We have 52 weeks of 2018 ahead of us, and plenty of films to watch!

This is a challenge I set myself every year. In 2017 I watched 122 films, so just over 2 a week. I'm hoping to beat that this year! You can set yourself whatever goal you want. It could be 1 a month or 7 a week. It's up to you!

For anyone who wants to join in, here is the guide!

- Each film must be one you haven't seen before (it doesn't have to be a new release though!)
- After you've watched it, leave a post with a rating out of 10 and your current total
- You can write a review if you'd like, but leave it in a spoiler to keep it tidy!
- If there are any spoilers in your review, make it clear outside of the tag

Have fun!

Current totals/goals:

chelseadagg3r: 0/156
You?

cool, this looks neat.

i'm aiming to do 150 in a year. im a film junkie, so this should be easy
Original post by ZiggyStardust_
cool, this looks neat.

i'm aiming to do 150 in a year. im a film junkie, so this should be easy

Great! Good luck :biggrin:
Put me down for the 156, three a week :yy:Just got to make the most of the time I get in the UK!
Done! I'm hoping I can manage three a week at the cinema while I'm at uni with my cineworld card, but around deadlines and when I'm at home is gonna be the struggle so need to make the most of free time during the terms!
Can you put me down for 20? :colondollar: i dont watch films very often and when i do it tends to be the same war movies or shark movies so would like to expand a bit :ninja:
Original post by CoolCavy
Can you put me down for 20? :colondollar: i dont watch films very often and when i do it tends to be the same war movies or shark movies so would like to expand a bit :ninja:

Yes! Ooh, I love war films, but I think I've only seen the one shark one and I'm sure you can guess which :colondollar:
Just watched my first of the year :woo:

1. Boss Baby - 6/10 (Story was meh, LOVED the animation)
1. Silence- 8/10

Original post by chelseadagg3r
Done! I'm hoping I can manage three a week at the cinema while I'm at uni with my cineworld card, but around deadlines and when I'm at home is gonna be the struggle so need to make the most of free time during the terms!

I really wish some cinema chain would sell one month passes, I can't commit to the annual pass now I'm out of the uk for 9+ months of the year and it's too pricey for me to go and binge when I'm at home! On the plus side I've found the cinemas in the caribbean to be dirt cheap, I saw The Last Jedi and got chicken tenders with fries for $10 US :h:

I've also started to realise making 150 is going to be more difficult this year after going through a lot of my hard drive's backlog of good unwatched films last year. I'll have to go on a torrenting legal movie purchasing binge when I get back to the UK, otherwise there's going to be a lot of crappy films being watched :ahee:
Reply 9
I'm in for 100 new film watches this year :yy:

Watched three yesterday:

Arrival - 8/10
Sicario - 7/10
Enemy - 9/10

Total - 3/100
Original post by Franzen

Watched three yesterday:

Arrival - 8/10
Sicario - 7/10
Enemy - 9/10

Total - 3/100

That's a hell of a trio to start the year on :yy: Prisoners next if yu haven't already seen it!
I have seen it but it needs a rewatch :tongue:
1) Instrument of War (really expanding here as you can tell :tongue:) : 7/10
Was good if a bit soppy, reminded me of the second world war veteran who came in to speak to our history class one time, he was a pilot and captured and spoke about the death marches and red cross and Russians and stuff and the film referenced all of those.
Put me down for 20 please!

1) Molly's Game 7/10
Original post by Franzen

Watched three yesterday:

Arrival - 8/10
Sicario - 7/10
Enemy - 9/10

Total - 3/100

Great start!

Original post by rockrunride
Put me down for 20 please!

1) Molly's Game 7/10

You're in! I'm looking forward to seeing Molly's Game when I'm back to the cinema :biggrin:
2. The Darjeeling Limited - 7/10
3. Disconnect - 6.5/10
4. Collateral Beauty - 6.5/10
(edited 6 years ago)
I'll go for 80

1. The Disaster Artist - 8/10
2. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - 7/10

2/80
2. The Matrix Reloaded- 5/10
3. The Matrix Revolutions- 6/10

3/156
4. The Fifth Element- 6/10