Iveranoutofideas
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys,
Sorry if I’m posting in the wrong forum, but I’m new to TSR and this is the most relevant thread that I could find.
So, I’m an app developer and I really want to make some sort of a revision app but I have no idea as to what it would be like. So that’s why I’m asking you- what app would you find helpful, what would help you revise?

Thanks in advance for your input

Shish_bish
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Think all I need now is an iOS app that blocks other app( not websites) for certain amount of time so that I can concentrate
Deliciate
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A free revision app that helps with spaced repetition, so reminds me to review a topic that I haven't looked at in a while etc.
Iveranoutofideas
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Deliciate)
A free revision app that helps with spaced repetition, so reminds me to review a topic that I haven't looked at in a while etc.
Do you think that the student should input the topics, or maybe it should be taken from the exam board specification? Also, how often do you think you should be reminded? Would you find an exam reminder function useful?

Thanks for the feedback
Deliciate
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Iveranoutofideas)
Do you think that the student should input the topics, or maybe it should be taken from the exam board specification? Also, how often do you think you should be reminded? Would you find an exam reminder function useful?

Thanks for the feedback
Ooohh, I really like the idea of it being taken from the exam board specification, saves so much more time! There should also be the opportunity for students to input the topics.

How about you use something like the Leitner system, but slightly adjusted:

So basically, you have four 'boxes': box 1, box 2, box 3 and box 4.

So once you've memorised the information from the spec using your notes you go through all of the specification points in box number one every two days. Once you have the information from the specification point memorized, it goes in box number two. (So perhaps a button saying, I remembered this and one saying I didn't remember this)

The specification points in box number two you will go through every four days. If there is a card you cannot remember perfectly, it goes back in box number one. Once you have a card from box number two memorized perfectly it goes in box number three.

The spec points in box number three you will go through once a week. Again, if there is a card you cannot remember perfectly, it goes back to the previous box, i.e. box number two. Once you have a card from box number three memorized it goes in box number four.

The notecards in box number four you will go through every two weeks. You get the idea; if there is a card you cannot remember perfectly, it goes back to box number three.

Honestly, I'm unsure about the timing because it depends on the subject and the level of study (GCSEs / A levels etc.) and how much time the person has to review old notes. Perhaps this is an area you could do more research in.
sarah99630
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Shadia_cazibwe)
Think all I need now is an iOS app that blocks other app( not websites) for certain amount of time so that I can concentrate
I think there's such an app. it's called "self control" I haven't used it because I couldn't find for android.
topcatking
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Iveranoutofideas)

Thanks for the feedback
Can you check the private message I sent you, Incase you didnt see it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (274)
65.55%
No (144)
34.45%

Watched Threads