Hal_01
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have my eye on A level maths, A level business studies and A-level Economics.I genuinely enjoy these subjects (instead of economics,i haven't done it before) and i was to know if this is a good combination and will get me far in life and i want your opinions on it, please do state any other combinations you prefer and thanks in advance
MonstrousColonel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That sounds good if you like those subjects. But bear in mind that some universities won't accept a combination of business and econ so have a look at some uni courses you are interested in and see if that's ok. If not, maybe find an essay based subject you like such as geography or history
Hal_01
Rep:
?
(Original post by MonstrousColonel)
That sounds good if you like those subjects. But bear in mind that some universities won't accept a combination of business and econ so have a look at some uni courses you are interested in and see if that's ok. If not, maybe find an essay based subject you like such as geography or history
thanks, for the advice but what will you recommend i take off. business or economics.thanks in advance
username2752874
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hal_01)
I have my eye on A level maths, A level business studies and A-level Economics.I genuinely enjoy these subjects (instead of economics,i haven't done it before) and i was to know if this is a good combination and will get me far in life and i want your opinions on it, please do state any other combinations you prefer and thanks in advance
Could you tell us what job or degree you want?

Seems finance orienated.

Most ideal combination would probably be maths, further maths, physics/economics
flo295
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
thanks, for the advice but what will you recommend i take off. business or economics.thanks in advance
Yeah, my friend had exactly the same problem. Though it really depends at what you're hoping to do in the future, personally I would drop buisiness. However, it's a personal choice, also you may want to look further ahead, as some uni's don't require a certain subject (if that is what you would want to do....?) as some schools don't offer these a levels. If you're looking into what would take you further in life, generally, both A levels open up a lot of oppurtunities.

I've heard that Economics has a lot of similar content to that within maths... I don't know if that helps, but it's a thought, as a variety of A levels, may present you with a lot more oppurtunites, so I agree that an essay subject in this case would be apt.
Hal_01
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kyber Ninja)
Could you tell us what job or degree you want?

Seems finance orienated.

Most ideal combination would probably be maths, further maths, physics/economics
tbh i do not have any in mind,i firstly wanted to do a-level maths and engineering btec but now im unsure on what to do and i need your advice on what to do and what will it will get me in terms of universities and success.I always wanted to work abroad like in Dubai but i got to be realistic and find something that is good and in demand in other countries.Thanks in advance
username2752874
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
tbh i do not have any in mind,i firstly wanted to do a-level maths and engineering btec but now im unsure on what to do and i need your advice on what to do and what will it will get me in terms of universities and success.I always wanted to work abroad like in Dubai but i got to be realistic and find something that is good and in demand in other countries.Thanks in advance
Well, maths, further maths and physics would get you into anything finance related or anything Engineering related
Hal_01
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kyber Ninja)
Well, maths, further maths and physics would get you into anything finance related or anything Engineering related
i want to do marketing
username2752874
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i want to do marketing
You can do most combinations to do that, your original one would do
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Choosing A level subjects : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/a-l...-form-subjects
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MonstrousColonel)
I agree
MonstrousColonel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Universities sometimes rate economics as being better than business but like everyone else has said, it depends on where you want to go and what you want to do
Hal_01
Rep:
?
Thanks for the advice people
Ahad67767
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi I need urgent help ASAP.My subs are economics and law and I have to choose between history or business.I’ll either be studying in the UK or US.Plus I’ll be doing anything in the future except engineering or medicine etc as u can see from my subs...so please help me out and like also a subject amongst those which universities prefer aswell.Some say business is an unacceptable Alevel which I don’t even think is true .Thought i know that grades trump subject combination in Alevels.Also I want to know that can I take Economics,history and law and get admission into a business major course or will I need business Alevel for that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (42)
28.97%
No (103)
71.03%

Watched Threads