Roche
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hey guys!

Which uni would you recommend for Marketing?
Chowder
Report 11 years ago
Reading's got a pretty good reputation overall, but Sheffield Hallam has a better business school, and so does MMU. I probably wouldn't recommend Brighton and Central Lancashire. Hope that helps!
Queen Alice
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Reading (just my opinion, as it has a better reputation. Even if the others might have higher employment, it will usually be for less well paid jobs...)
Stupid Cow
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Sheffield Hallam
Roche
(Original post by Chowder)
Reading's got a pretty good reputation overall, but Sheffield Hallam has a better business school, and so does MMU. I probably wouldn't recommend Brighton and Central Lancashire. Hope that helps!
Brighton is my first choice, why wouldn't you recommend it? I though it was a good uni and at the same time the location is nice...
Give me more info please. I live outside of England and never been there actually...
Chowder
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Roche)
Brighton is my first choice, why wouldn't you recommend it? I though it was a good uni and at the same time the location is nice...
Give me more info please. I live outside of England and never been there actually...
Brighton's Business school isn't very well-reputated, compared to Reading. Besides, living costs in Brighton are just as expensive (okay fine, slight exaggeration) as they would be in London. Teaching standards at Brighton also do not fare that well, whilst at Reading, the teaching quality is pretty much amongst the tops in the UK.

To sum it all up, if you want to get a better degree and also save your wallet, Reading's your choice. :cool:
Roche
Brighton's Business school isn't very well-reputated, compared to Reading. Besides, living costs in Brighton are just as expensive (okay fine, slight exaggeration) as they would be in London. Teaching standards at Brighton also do not fare that well, whilst at Reading, the teaching quality is pretty much amongst the tops in the UK.

To sum it all up, if you want to get a better degree and also save your wallet, Reading's your choice. :cool:
Thanks a lot!
But what Im also interested besides teaching level and costs, is finding a job. So that is why i chose Brighton, because of its job opportunities...
Chowder
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Roche)
Thanks a lot!
But what Im also interested besides teaching level and costs, is finding a job. So that is why i chose Brighton, because of its job opportunities...
You've got more careers advisors at Reading than ants at a picnic. Asking them for help on getting a job whilst at university would definitely not be a problem. Besides, you would come out of Reading with better job prospects than your other four choices.
Roche
You've got more careers advisors at Reading than ants at a picnic. Asking them for help on getting a job whilst at university would definitely not be a problem. Besides, you would come out of Reading with better job prospects than your other four choices.
Thanks Yan! Ill keep that in mind :smokin:
Chowder
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Roche)
Thanks Yan! Ill keep that in mind :smokin:
You're most welcome.
lucygettings
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Reading is really ugly
Ghost Grey
  • CV Helper
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Originally posted by Chowder
I would agree with that. Better reputation and carreers service. But, I would find it boring in a place like that. Brighton's 'cool dude scene' :rolleyes: (yeah that's a term) is second to none. So that would play a major part. Although the uni facilities aren't 'great' at Brighton. I'd probably go to Reading, but as lucygettings said it is rather ugly and as I said IMO boring.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads