The Student Room Group

anxiety

is anxiety classed as mental health? and how have people overcome there anxiety?
Yes.

Therapy, medication, and practice. :smile: (although I'm only about a quarter way to overcoming it many years later :sigh: )
I suffer from Anxiety quite badly and have done everyday for about 4 years. I've had 3 years of Therapy and have been offered medication, but I have declined. It is a mental health condition and can be very, very difficult to live with. Talking to someone is absolutely the best thing for me, though. It's just a shame that a lot of people don't seem to understand it yet :frown:
Is there a way to overcome anxiety? I’m not too sure about that. If you’re experiencing anxiety or any other mental health issues, best thing to do is see your gp and find out what options are available to you.
If medication is a road you are considering taking, I 100% urge you to do you’re research first. YouTube videos, blogs, Facebook anything you can find as it’s so important to make sure it’s the right thing for you! I declined medication, and it’s not easy but FOR ME it’s the best thing to do.
Try talking to people closest to you! That helps me most, outline your support network and take advantage of it. You never know how many real people you have around you until you need them.
If you can, try and find out what are your biggest anxious influences. What are your triggers? What underlying issues effect it? When are you most anxious? Do you have bad habits or people around you? That type of thing. First step to accepting what you have is finding out why. Not always as easy as that but you know....
hope this helps :smile:
Everyone's anxiety is different and you need to find a way that works for you because nobody is the same.
first thing I think is helpful is to try and identify places or situations that make you feel the most anxious once you have done that you can then start to see what can be done to avoid feeling that way or having a coping mecnisumsin place. Do not avoid that place because then it will become worse.

Quick Reply

Latest