Rhaegart
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey! I take English lang and lit AS and I'm curently struggling with questions 2 and 3 (recasting and commentary). I tried doing lots of essay writing as revision but have a pretty bad teacher who doesn't wanna mark any of them so I have no clue what I'm doing wrong or how to improve. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve, revision materials or any modal answers that might help?
Bamble
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Awh that's a shame about your teacher If you're looking for model answers your best bet is most likely on the aqa website (I'm doing it myself and I don't feel nearly confident on commentary to give back models- it's my worst section as well). http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resource...62B-EX-CTT.PDF - might be of some help to you. However it's a good thing that you're doing past papers honestly that's the best thing!
Shaziye
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rhaegart)
Hey! I take English lang and lit AS and I'm curently struggling with questions 2 and 3 (recasting and commentary). I tried doing lots of essay writing as revision but have a pretty bad teacher who doesn't wanna mark any of them so I have no clue what I'm doing wrong or how to improve. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve, revision materials or any modal answers that might help?

i do English lit and lang second year what book are you studying
Rhaegart
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thanks for the help Bamble. Really grateful That was a good idea, stupidly didn't think of that XD

Also Shaziye I'm studying the books handmaids tale, streetcar named desire and Keats. But the bit I was struggling on revision for the Paris anthology
CinnamonSmol
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I'm doing Lang/Lit, Paris, Handsmaid and next yeat Streetcar too. For recasting texts for your recreative, my teacher recommends we take 3 steps when planning (take your time when doing this and eventually you'll get quicker) in a table under 3 headers
1. Original text -choose a quote from the text (or feature, if you can try to do different language levels)
2. Change it into something that fits your recreative question
3. write down what effect this had and why
Then, for your recreative, you might find that you've been inspired with more ideas when writing your piece. Using the table, write 4 short paragraphs (a few sentences long) on the different language level techniques you used and what effect this made
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.39%
No (241)
33.61%

Watched Threads