Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have my HSBC account which is in the process of being converted to a Student one (I've given them all the forms). They credit me with £50 for staying with them.

NatWest offer a free RailCard which I also want. However, it says on their website that a condition of opening an account with them is that it will be your "only student bank account".

What will happen if I open the NatWest as well as my HSBC one? Banks often cooperate on issues such as this so I think it's likely the 2 banks will know I've got multiple accounts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben3085)
    I have my HSBC account which is in the process of being converted to a Student one (I've given them all the forms). They credit me with £50 for staying with them.

NatWest offer a free RailCard which I also want. However, it says on their website that a condition of opening an account with them is that it will be your "only student bank account".

What will happen if I open the NatWest as well as my HSBC one? Banks often cooperate on issues such as this so I think it's likely the 2 banks will know I've got multiple accounts.
    you probably won't get your railcard or they will send you a latter rejecting your application to open an account

ReputationRep:
    hsbc also offers you a 5year free young person rail card...however you must apply it before 21st august.....i have rececived it....
    and i prefer the service provided by hsbc....(personal adivce~)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wooyork)
    hsbc also offers you a 5year free young person rail card...however you must apply it before 21st august.....i have rececived it....
    and i prefer the service provided by hsbc....(personal adivce~)
    when did u receive the rail card?... cos when i went to HSBC the other day they said that there was a backlog, but im thinking that might have been just some silly excuse.. and i did apply on 19th anway.

ReputationRep:
    i have got it since 1month ago...at that time i have only got a conditional offer..however i have got a account in hsbc already, so the lady only asked me to go bace to have a interview to upgrade my account into student one..
    after this interview for two weeks ,i got the card..~~~
    have they promised you to give you the card.and have you done the application etc~~~?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wooyork)
    i have got it since 1month ago...at that time i have only got a conditional offer..however i have got a account in hsbc already, so the lady only asked me to go bace to have a interview to upgrade my account into student one..
    after this interview for two weeks ,i got the card..~~~
    have they promised you to give you the card.and have you done the application etc~~~?
    yeah they said they would give it... not really a promise tho, and i did the application the day we got our results.. so well within the 21staugust deadline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerChing)
    yeah they said they would give it... not really a promise tho, and i did the application the day we got our results.. so well within the 21staugust deadline
    go to ask for it again~~~! :cool:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.