TW88
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi everyone

I'm currently in university studying psychology, not enjoying it at all and totally regretting my decision not to follow my dream of becoming a midwife.

My question is, is a social science access course acceptable for entry requirements? On DMU it says QAA access to science/nursing and midwifery/health professionals. Does social science come under this bracket? Or am I going to have to go back to college to do the access to nursing and midwifery before being able to apply for midwifery.

Thanks in advance
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TW88)
Hi everyone

I'm currently in university studying psychology, not enjoying it at all and totally regretting my decision not to follow my dream of becoming a midwife.

My question is, is a social science access course acceptable for entry requirements? On DMU it says QAA access to science/nursing and midwifery/health professionals. Does social science come under this bracket? Or am I going to have to go back to college to do the access to nursing and midwifery before being able to apply for midwifery.

Thanks in advance
You're best of sending a list of your credits and modules to the university then they'll be able to tell you if it's acceptable. It could be that you need more science content to do midwifery.
nevemarie17
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What a-levels do you have already? Some places may take you with what you already have!
TW88
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I don't have A levels, I have GCSEs and an access course diploma.
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TW88)
Hi everyone

Thanks in advance
It's always best to contact the university if you are in any way unsure about your access course. The last thing you want to do is waste time applying when your course is not accepted when you could be studying the required access course.

If you do need to go back to college, it's not the end of the world. Access to nursing/midwifery courses are very good and definitely give you a head start for the degree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (55)
6.16%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.31%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (94)
10.53%
Lack of purpose or motivation (111)
12.43%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.93%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (48)
5.38%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (99)
11.09%
Financial worries (60)
6.72%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (41)
4.59%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.27%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.91%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (86)
9.63%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (72)
8.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed