The Student Room Group

was anyone else annoyed about everything being closed on Christmas Day

me and my family we dont celebrate Christmas but the inconvience of evertything being closed really annoyed us why cant places be open like normal does anyone find this really frustrating?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nah it's just one day
Nope :smile:
Reply 3
its just stupid though whats the point in shutting everything down we dont all celebrate christmas here
The majority of people in this country do celebrate Christmas and you have to respect the fact that people won't want to work because they'll be wanting to spend time with their families.
(edited 6 years ago)
Nope, I think they should all be closed on Boxing Day too.
Original post by manchov
its just stupid though whats the point in shutting everything down we dont all celebrate christmas here

The majority of the country celebrate Christmas and it is a holiday here for those that celebrate it with their families. People aren't going to work on Christmas Day when they could be with their families, whether you like it or not - that's how it is.
Have some respect for the customs and traditions of the Country you live in.

I live in china, and I would never dream of asking them to open shops and work on their largest national holiday. It's very selfish.
Reply 8
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
The majority of people in this country do celebrate Christmas and you have to respect the fact that people won't want to work because they'll be wanting to spend time with their families.

there is quite a few who do not celebrate christmas
Original post by manchov
me and my family we dont celebrate Christmas but the inconvience of evertything being closed really annoyed us why cant places be open like normal does anyone find this really frustrating?

If you wanted to do something you could have visited people in hospital or helped with a Christmas meal for people on their own. Maybe think about others a bit more?
Reply 10
It is one day and it is a pleasant break from all the usual s*** xD Also, not everywhere is closed, there was a corner shop right near me still open, lots of places do still stay open, just most big places where the majority of employees celebrate the holiday
Apparently Paris was open. My Auntie and cousin went there and you could travel around no problem.:smile:
yeh kind of , only because we didn't have any Christmas dinner because we all forgot

so we wanted to order some pizza in but they were all closed

therefore we had macaroni cheese for Christmas dinner , yum XD
Original post by manchov

Ohhh, so the ones that don't should stop celebrating it to appease those that do so they can go and do their precious shopping on Christmas day, yes? :rofl: You've literally just signed up and made a bunch posts all relating to hating on Christmas - presumably, you're some sort of anti-Christmas gimmick troll?
Reply 14
and no bloody buses or trains running either think its a bit of a disgrace
Original post by manchov

There used to be a time when the ships werent open for a week, except for sales and take-aways.

Is there some reason you and your family cant do without shops for one day?

Shopworkers need a holiday as well....

You could always open your own shop and that could be open for every Christmas. Were you complaining about the holiday you got as well?

Really annoyed... really frustrating, inconvenience... do get over yourself.
Reply 16
Original post by 999tigger
There used to be a time when the ships werent open for a week, except for sales and take-aways.

Is there some reason you and your family cant do without shops for one day?

Shopworkers need a holiday as well....

You could always open your own shop and that could be open for every Christmas. Were you complaining about the holiday you got as well?

Really annoyed... really frustrating, inconvenience... do get over yourself.

do kindly shut up yourself christmas is way over the top anyway with fake love etc be better for us all if it gets abolished I am sure our government will soon put a stop to it anyway
Original post by manchov

You arent forced to celebrate it or take the holiday.
it's one day. The same date every year.
Ye it's annoying when theres no milk in the fridge and you can't buy any.

Quick Reply

Latest