Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Me too.
Solemn Wanderer
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If it helps, I am deeply sorry for being so hostile over a certain fiasco and I always appreciated his posts.
Tory_boy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
^What's that in reference to? You're talking like he passed away but he's probably found something better to do with his time or felt that with you regurgitating the content of his posts that his work was done!
FinallyWoken
I found it odd the amount of time that he spent on here anyway, not saying it was not a plus but even so. When I was working at an old poly we were forbidden for using student based chat because it often led to trouble.
Stealth-Mode
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
which famous professor was this then?????
Nana_Julia
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Stealth-Mode)
which famous professor was this then?????
*puts knitting down & smiles nostalgically* Ah, before your time...
FinallyWoken
(Original post by Solemn Wanderer)
a great person (apparently) to have at parties.
How to do you know
FinallyWoken
and basically treated us as equals
Sadly though he is not your equal and may-be that is the reason he no longer visits
FinallyWoken
Um.. before or after the alcohol.
Stealth-Mode
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
We are talking about John Gardner - Oxford professor of jurisprudence, LNAT guru, my one-time nemesis, a great person (apparently) to have at parties, and (until recently) a poster on the instant forum. He posted quite a lot on here, seemed to enjoy a good debate, and basically treated us as equals (he was unbelievably gracious when I spotted a mistake in one of his articles) - although woe betide you if you revealed LNAT questions!

He will be missed sorely.
ooohhh yeah, I do remember that name as it happens.....was his avatar a picture of (i presume) himself? A smiling, middle aged man, with slightly graying hair just above the ears? (I may be way of track with the last question -but the name definitely rings a bell!)

erm....did he pass away? I notice that people are using the past tense a lot.....:confused:
FinallyWoken
A cyberspace death methinks whilst the guy behind the smokescreen of the www. lives on.

A smiling ginger guy if google images are accurate.
bryan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Right - if someone drafts a letter from the denizens of the Law forum asking him to come back, I'll happily print it and post it to his college address.
why not just simply email it to him?
Little Book Of Life (student edition)
Report 11 years ago
Did any of you consider that he may have been told not to use student based chat by Oxford University; his departure was quite abrupt. I would have expected spasmodic use until he finally lost interest altogether.
Report 11 years ago
Depends what he did...?? OK- only joking, may-be you should write an e-mail out of interest. I cannot see anything wrong with that.
bryan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
That is a good idea if we are able to find an email address he is actually likely to check and that would not be inappropriate for us to use for this purpose.
i once pmed him a question, but he said he can't give me a direct answer right away and told me to email it to his Oxford Law email address. so, i guess he is "ok" with people contacting him at his Oxford email address.
jeffreyweingard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
just a random thought. why not ask an Oxford Law TSRer(s) to invite him back to the forum? i guess they can talk to him at the end of lectures/seminars or formal halls?
Report 11 years ago
He is in Princeton much to the delight of many of us who dislike him. Sorry guys.
Report 11 years ago
Your the talented one Solemn
bryan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The point is, I want it to be from the denizens of this forum (and attributed to several of them). Not something I do on my own.
well...you can draft the letter and post it up here, then people can "sign" it electronically
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed