The road to level 8/9’s

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by clouddbubbles
good luck and work hard! 💪🏼

Thank You! :h:
Reply 21
Hello There

So today is the day I began my new revision timetable and today I planned for Geography 🌍 and some French 🇫🇷

When I got home I may have playe 2 games of Fortnite on PlayStation and annoyingly finished second both times :angry:

Once I had Pasta & Garlic Bread for dinner , I started doing some Geography Revision On Natural Hazards & Climate Change. I first answered my 28 Oractice Questions, which i I got most right. I Then looked up the wrong answers and looked over my revision Poster. I also went through my textbook to see some exam-styled Questions. After a small 5 min break, I watched some videos on GCSEPod about the Nepal Earthquake , Extreme Weather In UK & global Warming.

I Then took a longer break with a drink & ‘a few’ biscuits :wink:

After the break, I began some French Revision. I have an app called Duolingo (in which I complete one task each day), but also another one called Memrise. It helps with vocabulary as well as listening. I did four sessions, learning 20 Words. I’ve also worked out I need to learn over 1,200 Words until the exam :bawling:. This should take 64 days if I Complete 4 sssions a day, which leaves me up to 20 days before my exam.

Tomorrow I plan to revise some Maths & Economics, 2 subjects I really enjoy :biggrin:

Days until Exam: 83 Days
Year 11?
Reply 23
Do you do OCR 21st century science?
Reply 24
Original post by s.m30
Year 11?

Yes
Reply 25
Original post by peeked
Do you do OCR 21st century science?

No, I take OCR Gateway Science
Reply 26
Original post by Sam.T.
No, I take OCR Gateway Science

Oh okay, what resources do you use for it?
Also do you do AQA French?
I’m joining this
Reply 28
Original post by peeked
Oh okay, what resources do you use for it?
Also do you do AQA French?

- I have revision guides for Bioogy, Chemistry & Physics that I bought from the school
- There is also a YouTube channel called “MyGCSEScience” that has some useful videos

Yes, I do take AQA French, do you?
Reply 29
Hello There,

Today I said I would do some Maths & Economics Revision, in which I did complete. I also did some French revision on Memrise, and did 6 sessions :biggrin: keeping me on track with my target.

For Maths Revision, I begun using the Pixl Maths app, and did ok. I Then went onto MathsGenie.Com and did some practice Questions there on Proofs, quadratic inequalities. Today has opened my eyes and sort of worried me, as I realise there’s a lot to remember for Maths, and I have forgotten quite a few things. Hopefully some more revision will help me, but I am getting nervous about Maths, as I really want a Level 9.

For Economics, I revised Unit 11, completing the 3 Sections of Practice Questions I created, and scored pretty well. I then looked at past papers, and answered the questions pretty well. However I do feel I forgot important and obvious things in my answers, and this is someh in Give Done in my previous economics papers. This is again getting me quite nervous for my exams :redface:

Overall today has been productive, but has probably made more panicked & anxious about Maths & Economics. These 2 subjects I really enjoy and want to take at A-Level so I want a 9 (for Maths) & A* (for economics as it’s part of the old specification). Hopefully with more revision and studying of these subjects, I’ll be more comfortable and ready to ace the exams.

Days until exams: 82 Days
Reply 30
Original post by Sam.T.
- I have revision guides for Bioogy, Chemistry & Physics that I bought from the school
- There is also a YouTube channel called “MyGCSEScience” that has some useful videos

Yes, I do take AQA French, do you?

Yeah i take AQA French, so you're just using Duolingo and Memrise to learn vocab? I've looked at all the vocab they want you to know on the AQA spec but haven't really revised it much. You said you had 1200 words, where did you get the from?
Original post by Sam.T.
Hello There,

Today I said I would do some Maths & Economics Revision, in which I did complete. I also did some French revision on Memrise, and did 6 sessions :biggrin: keeping me on track with my target.

For Maths Revision, I begun using the Pixl Maths app, and did ok. I Then went onto MathsGenie.Com and did some practice Questions there on Proofs, quadratic inequalities. Today has opened my eyes and sort of worried me, as I realise there’s a lot to remember for Maths, and I have forgotten quite a few things. Hopefully some more revision will help me, but I am getting nervous about Maths, as I really want a Level 9.

For Economics, I revised Unit 11, completing the 3 Sections of Practice Questions I created, and scored pretty well. I then looked at past papers, and answered the questions pretty well. However I do feel I forgot important and obvious things in my answers, and this is someh in Give Done in my previous economics papers. This is again getting me quite nervous for my exams :redface:

Overall today has been productive, but has probably made more panicked & anxious about Maths & Economics. These 2 subjects I really enjoy and want to take at A-Level so I want a 9 (for Maths) & A* (for economics as it’s part of the old specification). Hopefully with more revision and studying of these subjects, I’ll be more comfortable and ready to ace the exams.

Days until exams: 82 Days

Awesome. I'm watching this! I am in Year 10 and spending about 2 hrs per day writing notes and 30 minutes per day on Memrise going through my Italian course. I am making sure my whole two year course notes are done for year 11 so in year 11 I can simply revise the notes like mad and learn them off by heart, achieving a grade 7/8/9 by knowing the specification inside out. What do you think?

These are my grades, what I am working at now in red and my personal target in green: (I'm in year 10 btw.)

English Lit:7/ 8
English Lang: 7/ 8
RS: 7/ 9
Maths: 5/ 7
Science 1: 6/ 7
Science 2: 6/ 7
Italian: 5/ 8
Sociology: 7/ 8
History: 8/ 9
Business: 8/ 9

Yeah, Maths and Italian are my weak subjects... :s-smilie:
Reply 32
Original post by s.m30
Awesome. I'm watching this! I am in Year 10 and spending about 2 hrs per day writing notes and 30 minutes per day on Memrise going through my Italian course. I am making sure my whole two year course notes are done for year 11 so in year 11 I can simply revise the notes like mad and learn them off by heart, achieving a grade 7/8/9 by knowing the specification inside out. What do you think?

These are my grades, what I am working at now in red and my personal target in green: (I'm in year 10 btw.)

English Lit:7/ 8
English Lang: 7/ 8
RS: 7/ 9
Maths: 5/ 7
Science 1: 6/ 7
Science 2: 6/ 7
Italian: 5/ 8
Sociology: 7/ 8
History: 8/ 9
Business: 8/ 9

Yeah, Maths and Italian are my weak subjects... :s-smilie:

Those are great grades and your work ethic is very good. Most people in my Year never revised in year 10, so you should be well prepared for year 11.
Reply 33
Original post by peeked
Yeah i take AQA French, so you're just using Duolingo and Memrise to learn vocab? I've looked at all the vocab they want you to know on the AQA spec but haven't really revised it much. You said you had 1200 words, where did you get the from?

From the Memrise app. I have 8 modules and it says how many more words you need to learn, so I added them all together.
Reply 34
Original post by Sam.T.
From the Memrise app. I have 8 modules and it says how many more words you need to learn, so I added them all together.

8 modules? What do you mean by that?
Hey there! I found this thread recently, and I wish you all the best! I am ambitious to achieve the same grades as you, in taking GCSEs this year, and i'm sure the predicted grades can elevate if we can collaborate?I take:colone:nglish Lit
try not to stress about the maths! you’re working hard at the moment and that’s what counts :yes:
Original post by Sam.T.
Those are great grades and your work ethic is very good. Most people in my Year never revised in year 10, so you should be well prepared for year 11.

Thanks. I think for GCSE's as well as knowing the spec you can get away with memorisation. Basically, for a subject like business, if you know the textbook inside out and know how to structure answers, you've got yourself a grade 9. Any tips on how to revise for maths? That's my weakest subject! :angry:

Thanks!
Reply 38
Original post by peeked
8 modules? What do you mean by that?

There’s a company called ‘Studio’ which produces AQA endorsed Language textbooks and also has their content on Memrise. The have 8 modules/Units/Topics (Eg: School Life/Leisure/Jobs/Holidays ETC)
Reply 39
Original post by s.m30
Thanks. I think for GCSE's as well as knowing the spec you can get away with memorisation. Basically, for a subject like business, if you know the textbook inside out and know how to structure answers, you've got yourself a grade 9. Any tips on how to revise for maths? That's my weakest subject! :angry:

Thanks!

For Maths it’s all about Practice. I like to use MathsGenie.Com, as it ha s lots of practice Questions.

I am also making a poster on things I find difficult and struggle to remember (For Example: Quadratic Inequalities). I find I know a lot of the stuff, but I don’t know some stuff, so I write down them, and revise The poster.

Hope That Helps :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending