The Student Room Group

Land law: mortgages

What is meant by a "commercial mortgagor"?
A mortgagor of a commercial property or a mortgagor that just an individual and not a art of a business enterprise?

Thanks!
In what context? A Westlaw search for "commercial mortgagor" returned zero hits.
Mortgagor is the mush who owns the property and places a mortgage on it (the debtor). Mortgagee is the lender.

A commercial mortgagor would be a commercial entity mortgaging its property. Probably has some relevance to the MCOB rules (where there is a general more strenuous transparency duty to consumers, i.e. non-commercial entities) but it's NYE and I am not diving into my land law textbook.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Forum User
In what context? A Westlaw search for "commercial mortgagor" returned zero hits.

I got similar results.when I search wikipedia for commercial mortgage it came up with "A commercial mortgage is a mortgage loan secured by commercial property, such as an office building, shopping center, industrial warehouse, or apartment complex." So i think that perhaps a commercial mortgagor would be the borrower in this commercial mortgage but correct me if I am wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending