Comics: Should I get signed or unsigned variants from the Artist's official site?

Watch
ranchovirus
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Essentially I want to get some J Scott Campbell variants of Spider-Gwen #24 as their value is drastically going through the roof (particularly the C variant).
He is offering signed and unsigned versions through his official website but this is irritating as:
- they are ruddy expensive (serves me right for not getting them in august)
-The signed variants are alltogether £15 more expensive now.
-The signed variants come with certificates of certificates of authenticity from the author (it is his official website afterall) but would this have any impact on the value of the books further down the line (would unsigned variants be better for collection purpose).

I know this topic is regarding comics but in all seriousness, I consider these a form of art & physical copies should be collected, bot read (also helps marvel gives you a free digital copy if you get a physical comics if your interested in reading).

In anycase, I am debating whether or not to get as I dont really collect comics (the last comic I get was the original spider-gwen comic 2 and a bit years ago, before that it was 5 issues of superior spiderman in 2014 and that is it).
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ranchovirus)
I dont really collect comics
So no...
Save your money and spend it on something you'll appreciate much more.
StaffsUniMaxie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Personally, as the signed variants come with certificates and everything, I would definitely recommend getting them! They're gonna be worth a lot more in the future than the unsigned ones, but they probably won't blow up as much as you're expecting (although with all the Spider-Gwen stuff coming into mainstream media, she is going to get more and more popular).

The main point is - get them if you'd love to own them! My partner and I collect original comic art (pencils and inks) from our favourite artists because we absolutely love them, not because of how much they're worth - because we look at them every day and get super excited we own something so special and limited, which is the kind of reason you should have for getting a signed item!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (409)
56.18%
I don't have everything I need (319)
43.82%

Watched Threads