The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
sparkler
nice big bump..

my dad was driving the other day and the lights we were approaching changed to red. my dad braked (a bit late obv.) but we went over the line by a couple of feet i think - the junction with the other set of lights was nowhere near where we were (M4 junction in cardiff with the Mcdonalds/24hour Asda of anyone knows it) and the red light camera flashed but we are 99% certain that the camera flashed after we stopped moving.

what are our chances?

I'd say you'll be grand. If he is charged, he can ask to see th evidence, which will show (due to the two photos taken) that the car wasn't moving when the photos were taken. I'd say he'd be left off with it.
Reply 21
if you stop over the line you're fine as long as u dont run a red it's all good.
Reply 22
I could be wrong here, but on the side of the red light cameras, most of them say GATSO (like normal speed cameras) and hence a lot are used for speeding fines as well. It also says near where I live (where there is one traffic light camera) 'Speed Cameras and Traffic Signal Cameras'. This leads me to believe they can be multi-purpose.

I'm afraid to say I think you will be receiving a NIP in the post (3 points and 60 quid) I had a nightmare about red light camera and them flashing me. Paranoid!

Once I was driving home through Leed and I was going through a traffic cam. And I was approaching the lights, and they changed when I was only a few metres away. Typical as there was no-one else around!! I tell you, I did the biggest emergency stop, I've ever done in my driving career. The bastards aren't getting me! *Touch wood*
Reply 23
Original post by Turtle4288
Yeh there are loads of these cameras around where I live. They flash twice to do the normal thing; takes 2 photos in order to prove you were moving to the courts.

But you won't get fined for speeding as well, if you were, just for jumping the lights.

Do they have to flash twice as i got flashed once I was not speeding I'm not sure if it counts or not
Reply 24
Closed.