The Student Room Group

Choices for Film Production!

I decided the first 4 universities I want to apply but I can't decide the 5th, and the list for the 5th is a little long. I'm stressed out, is there any comments or advices for my 5th choice?

1- University of York
2-University of Westminster
3-Arts University Bournemouth
4-Norwich University of Arts
-----------------------------------------------
5/1- Hertfordshire
5/2- Gloucestershire
5/3- Ravensbourne
5/4- UCA
5/5- Royal Holloway
Original post by egeerkol
I decided the first 4 universities I want to apply but I can't decide the 5th, and the list for the 5th is a little long. I'm stressed out, is there any comments or advices for my 5th choice?

1- University of York
5/1- Hertfordshire
5/2- Gloucestershire
5/3- Ravensbourne
5/4- UCA
5/5- Royal Holloway

what are the entry requirements and what do you expect to get? have you compared types of assessments for each university and the living costs?
Reply 2
A 5th undecided choice is only a contingency plan at this point. I believe whatever you choose will always be a 5th choice. Therefore, if you are confident in yourself and your grades then you shouldn't have to worry what you choose, as you'll get one of the other four, making the 5th choice irrelevant.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
what are the entry requirements and what do you expect to get? have you compared types of assessments for each university and the living costs?

I believe I can deal with the entry requirements of any university I listed. The main concern of mine is not requirements or the accommodation but the course structure. I can't tell that I trust Unistats or Guardian, so I can't find a reliable authority when deciding which university has a better course content. I want to become a director, but I can't choose which course will help me more.
I believe I can deal with the entry requirements of any university I listed. The main concern of mine is not requirements or the accommodation but the course structure. I can't tell that I trust Unistats or Guardian, so I can't find a reliable authority when deciding which university has a better course content. I want to become a director, but I can't choose which course will help me more.

Ask the universities for the course specs I m sure they ll happily email them to you.

1- University of York
5/1- Hertfordshire
5/2- Gloucestershire
5/3- Ravensbourne
5/4- UCA
5/5- Royal Holloway

Hi @egeerkol

It's good to see you are considering Herts as one of your choices. Our course in Film and Television production has a number of accreditations including the Creative Skillset tick and the avid accreditation. You can find a list of the modules that you'll study on the course page here. There's also a course factsheet (listed down the right hand side) which shows a breakdown of the expected workload and expenses. If you have any questions at all about the course, just let me know.

Thanks,
Heather

1- University of York
5/1- Hertfordshire
5/2- Gloucestershire
5/3- Ravensbourne
5/4- UCA
5/5- Royal Holloway

Additionally, if you have any questions about student life or anything like that, please let me know! I've been a student at Herts for four years now and recommend it entirely! :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by Michelle Bieger
Additionally, if you have any questions about student life or anything like that, please let me know! I've been a student at Herts for four years now and recommend it entirely! :biggrin:

After some stressful research process, I decided to write Herts as my 5th. Anyways, thanks for the comments though!

Right now I'm stuck between NUA and UCA as my 4th choice. Any thoughts?

After some stressful research process, I decided to write Herts as my 5th. Anyways, thanks for the comments though!

Right now I'm stuck between NUA and UCA as my 4th choice. Any thoughts?

If your aim is to be a director then uca has a better course/connections if you can manage 3 years of living there.
Original post by PQ
If your aim is to be a director then uca has a better course/connections if you can manage 3 years of living there.

If it was good enough for Gareth Edwards... 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ageshallnot
If it was good enough for Gareth Edwards... 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well their CILECT members so the course is good

It's just.....Farnham :indiff:

#1 destination for "nightlife" (according to trip adviser) is http://www.nelson-arms.co.uk/

Or you could always go crazy and have a night out in Aldershot or Farnborough :s-smilie:
Original post by PQ
Well their CILECT members so the course is good

#1 destination for "nightlife" (according to trip adviser) is http://www.nelson-arms.co.uk/

Or you could always go crazy and have a night out in Aldershot or Farnborough :s-smilie:

I gather that the esteemed director in question is more of a 'quiet pint and a video' kind of guy so it would have suited him perfectly!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Hello everyone, I'm back again :smile:
I just had offers from the 5 universities I applied, but I still can't decide which one is the greatest. I won't be able to visit the UK in the following months because I live far away and I have exams coming up. I'd be more than thankful if students of these universities could share their experiences and thoughts. The universities are:

University of York
BSc (Hons) Film and Television Production

University of Westminster
Film

Arts University Bournemouth
Film Production

University for the Creative Arts
Film Production

University of Hertfordshire
Film and Television (Production)

I'm looking forward to reading your comments, please help!
I'm also looking for more info on Norwich University of the Arts if anyone can give me some insight about there program!
Reply 14

I'm looking forward to reading your comments, please help!

Personally for you from those i'd say Herts or AUB. York is great in terms of the content but issues come with exposure/experience in industry imo.

Original post by PQ

Old thread but sorry im dying reading this. I live in Fleet so next to all these towns. The greatest night life you can get round here without going down to Brighton/Bournemouth ect is MooMoos in Fleet or somewhere in Guildford and mix with surrey uni students :rofl2:. And that is pretty tragic in terms of clubs. Otherwise it's just bars and restaurants. Avoid Aldershot at all costs, you'll get robbed, stabbed or someone will steal your Tesco Clubcard. Compared to the local area it's basically Bradford of the south. Farnborough is the middle ground (I still avoid it) then you have the nicer Fleet and Farnham before you pop off towards the Surrey hills or into villages like Bentley, Hartley Wintney ect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending