power and conflict or love and relationships? Watch

ineedsomehelp.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm in year 10, i have a piece of hwmk where i have to state with a reason, which one i would rather take for english lit gcse, but i have no idea which one is better-love and relationships or power and conflict?

Please reply asap xx thanks
wastedcuriosity
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did power and conflict, found it extremely tedious - mostly gore and war. Though I did not study love and relationships, from flicking through my friends anthologies I'd say that is the more interesting option. Plus you're more likely to know the poems already.
ineedsomehelp.
Rep:
?
(Original post by wastedcuriosity)
I did power and conflict, found it extremely tedious - mostly gore and war. Though I did not study love and relationships, from flicking through my friends anthologies I'd say that is the more interesting option. Plus you're more likely to know the poems already.
i was just flicking through my anthology and found power and conflict slightly more interesting.... and i feel it might be slightly easier to compare poems? am i wrong?
ineedsomehelp.
Rep:
?
but i suppose you probably have more experience then me?
wastedcuriosity
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ineedsomehelp.)
i was just flicking through my anthology and found power and conflict slightly more interesting.... and i feel it might be slightly easier to compare poems? am i wrong?
We're different people, so we probably have different preferences. To be perfectly honest, I can't remember details about what I did during my English Lit lessons, but from what I recall many of the poems were hard to grasp; they had many different meanings depending on how you interpreted in (one I remember distinctly was 'Tissue') However, the fact you find Power and Conflict more interesting probably gives you your answer. More likely to do well if you enjoy what you're doing
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
Just have a look through them. I would prefer Power and Conflict. For either then buy Mr Buffs book.
anonymoussse
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
love is easier to rmbr and imo, relate to
bluemuffin
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’m doing power and conflict at the moment and the poems aren’t too bad. The cluster seems more interesting than the love and relationships cluster (but that’s just my opinion). But it’s up to you so read through all the power & choose whichever you prefer
powis3103
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ineedsomehelp.)
I'm in year 10, i have a piece of hwmk where i have to state with a reason, which one i would rather take for english lit gcse, but i have no idea which one is better-love and relationships or power and conflict?

Please reply asap xx thanks
I personally did love and relationships and didn't have an option for power and conflict but I found there was a lot to write about with the love poems, especially relating to themes of nature and ideas about structure. The love poems are relatively easy to understand and unpick so I would say love poems are a good shout, however that may just be my personal opinion. I also used Mr Bruff's videos and came out with a 9. Whatever you choose, good luck!
ineedsomehelp.
Rep:
?
(Original post by powis3103)
I personally did love and relationships and didn't have an option for power and conflict but I found there was a lot to write about with the love poems, especially relating to themes of nature and ideas about structure. The love poems are relatively easy to understand and unpick so I would say love poems are a good shout, however that may just be my personal opinion. I also used Mr Bruff's videos and came out with a 9. Whatever you choose, good luck!
wow! congrats on the 9!, i think eventhough most answers came back with power, i am going to go with love, as i agree, you can relate them to themes of nature,etc.
ineedsomehelp.
Rep:
?
Thank you everyone, your answers really helped me a lot!
notshazia
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did Power and Conflict and actually really enjoyed it and ended up with an 8 in English Literature! To be fair though, I have always preferred talking about darker themes (war, loss, psychological trauma, death, societal injustice, etc) as opposed to love- which is a subject I didn’t (and still don’t) have much knowledge about or experience in! It also depends on what cluster of poems you find easier to compare and, obviously, what thematic preferences you have.
mzhrlalom
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
power and conflict is easier
RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
You got a choice?! We were just shoved into P&C! :lol:
youa12345
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
You got a choice?! We were just shoved into P&C! :lol:
My school were forced into L&R. It seems easier than P&C.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?