Miss Studious
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Can you guys give tips on how to revise for it? I'm in year 13 so I have to revise for all the AS content too and I just find myself stressing over how much there is to revise. So much evaluation points and content to remember I'm worried that everything I've revised for won't come up in the exam or I won't remember everything.
fxlloutboyy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
notes, summary, mindmaps, table for AO1 and AO3 points for essay practice and practice questions. you could use YouTube videos for revision also.
yeahthatonethere
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Flashcards are saving my life. Flashcard everything! Put a question on one side, answer on the other. You revise while making them and you can constantly come back to them. Make a schedule for when you'll go over them so you're constantly revising and getting it in your head. You'll probably have to have some form of holder to keep them all in though unless you do them online!

Try teaching other people the content! If you can teach someone else the studies and theories then you know you've got that one down. If you struggle teaching something then you know what you need to go over again. It doesn't have to be a person either! I taught a lot of psychology to my cat last year for my AS exam and as stupid as it sounds, it does work!

Try thinking of little rhymes or tunes to put details to! While I didn't do this specifically for psychology last year it really helped with remembering things for chemistry as I'd just hum them to myself in the exam.

If you're struggling to remember both content and evaluation for studies then just focus on the content. Majority of evaluation points for studies come from their method. If you know their sample, you'll know whether or not it's generalisable. If it was a lab experiment, odds are it lack ecological validity but is reliable. Hopefully this will take a little bit of the stress off of the studies!

I'm not a big mindmap fan myself but they do have their place! They help me get my ideas on paper and you can use it to test yourself. For example, make a mindmap for Milgram and then hide it, get a blank page and just write down whatever you remember about the study. Compare your mindmaps when you're done and see if you missed anything out or added anything extra.

Hope I've helped and anymore questions, just ask!
Miss Studious
Rep:
?
Thank you!!
Hawkeye321
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey!I actuallly did aqa a2 psychology last year and somehow got an a* so I’m happy to offer any advice I can.Make notes now, as structured and as brief as you can. This will seem so monotonous and boring, but trust me, a month before the exam you’ll thank me that it’s all there and easily read.For me, remembering stuff was a - read the page out loud, cover it, and say everything I’d just read. Repeat this till I knew the page and could say it without looking.Turn the page and repeat the process..This actually works, I managed to learn practically everything on the course... could pretty much recall 100 pages without looking! My teacher even commented that I seemed to know it all (I’d answer stuff she couldn’t remember if someone asked a question in class lol.)For evaluation points, just learn 3 - remember there not fixed and anyone can learn any they want. Per essay you want 4/5 evaluation points. So 3 named ones, and 1 or 2 you’ve thought up off the top of your head using Issues and debates or approaches!Hope that helps
Miss Studious
Rep:
?
Thanks a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (95)
38.93%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
11.07%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.38%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.36%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.3%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.97%

Watched Threads