The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

*revives dead thread*
New offers anyone? :biggrin:
Reply 41
yes, AAA though and only my insurance.
if you can go to London without financial issue,bartlett and aa will be first choices with westminster and london metro be insurances.

cardiff is too traditional,not for experimential or radical dreamers.and school focuses on technology much more than individual/conceptual development/design.

so,it is very different from AA or bartlett.

the difference is because of opposite attitudes and opinions on economic/utilitarian determinism.

as you said u are international student,therefore I do not suggest u come here as I know most of the oversea students not satisefied here because the school is just smae as mid-upper schools in their home country.which means they did not really get lots of advantanges than their friends in home country.

the ranking by AJ education survey,cardiff and sheffield are the samples of top relative traditional schools,and you can see Bartlett and AA,oxford brookes,wesminster are top experimential/conceptual schools.

conclusion:if you want to be a high qualified student,most of UK schools are your choices,if you wan to do something different and more advanced than your home country students,AA,bartlett,Oxford brookes and westminster and other london schools are your choices as they have got different education system for decades already:the UNIT system.The traiditional schools like cardiff,shef,liv do not have UNIT systems but I think they will make changes soon because they recently noticed the global competitive enviroment.
Oh for God's sake.
Reply 44
...You have GOT to be kidding me...
Reply 45
he's back lol
myarchitect

conclusion:if you want to be a high qualified student,most of UK schools are your choices,if you wan to do something different and more advanced than your home country students,AA,bartlett,Oxford brookes and westminster and other london schools are your choices as they have got different education system for decades already:the UNIT system.The traiditional schools like cardiff,shef,liv do not have UNIT systems but I think they will make changes soon because they recently noticed the global competitive enviroment.

Mate, you've got to get over your arriviste love affair with london, its making you like like a proper FW - you've arrived off the plane from China and have started trying to preach to us how every school in the UK isn't worth its salt because its not in London. It is making you look like a right ****, every post you make isn't exactly adding to your credibility. To say Brookes and Westminster are better schools than cardiff and Sheffield just shows you are.... well, for want of a better word - a moron.
Aw and here i was thinking we had more Cardiffians :smile:
Reply 48
i'm going to cardiff :biggrin:

but you already knew that :smile:
Which uni's prefer maths and science? are they sheffield and nottingham?

is it edinburgh and cardiff that dont mind if you dont have maths and physics?

which subjects did you lot take at A Level?

obvs you have said DT, but what else? :biggrin:
Reply 50
Maths, Physics, DT :smile:
1/4 nottingham offered you AAB!!!! i thought they only offered AAA!
Reply 52
sorry for hijacking the thread, but does anyone who's studying at cardiff already know how many part 2 students join from other uni's at cardiff?
in general, does the change in pace affect them (i know cardiff's course is shorter and faster paced)?
which uni's easier to get into out of newcastle, sheffield, nottingham and cardiff then?
Reply 54
easier, in terms of what? grades? i'm not sure what the acceptance grades are nowadays. newcastle is AAA tho
theyre all AAA, but some can lower with good portfolio's. just wondering which ones turn down the most people etc.
scraceus999
theyre all AAA, but some can lower with good portfolio's. just wondering which ones turn down the most people etc.

We were told at the open day that Cardiff has around 2000 applicants for 60 places; not sure about the others.
i know that bath is 1000:65 and manchester is 100:8 (manchester has been simplifies lol not actual figures....more like 2000:160)
Cardiff Exclusive? I think so :biggrin:

(though if you're an international student with deep pockets maybe not so...)
we LOVE those rich international students! none of them want to come here, but the tutors hold a gun to their heads - a real gun - I think the official school weapon is now a Glock - it used to be a Walther - force them to come against their will and ability, and write out a cheque for £11K each year too to boot. its hard, I know, the tutors really shouldn't force these poor international students to go somewhere, but we just want the money, so we don't care. we're saving up for a commodore 64, you see, so we need all the cash we can get our grubby mitts on.