do the A* folk do better in life ? Watch

username775001
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
do the best achievers at school/uni do the best in life? I’m gonna graduate with a 2:1 - will the ppl who get firsts do better in life than me. That first grade is an ego boost imo for many
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dominoes)
do the best achievers at school/uni do the best in life? I’m gonna graduate with a 2:1 - will the ppl who get firsts do better in life than me
I do so well that I spend my evenings here, when of course I should be in my super-yacht sailing in the Med, or in my private jet touring Las Vegas.
adamantacademic
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Probs if they get on to a top grad scheme, they will be able to soar through corporate & managerial ranks faster.
username3590460
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well they’re going to do better than you most likely
Blackstarr
Report 1 year ago
what do you mean by do well/ better because everything is subjective, your post is vague.
username2895894
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dominoes)
do the best achievers at school/uni do the best in life? I’m gonna graduate with a 2:1 - will the ppl who get firsts do better in life than me. That first grade is an ego boost imo for many
Usually, not always those people spend a lot of time studying and few socializing, they do tend to earn more money, however they struggle socializing afterward.
But they tend to work in office and more likely be unhappy about their life
futbol
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
At least they won’t have the Dominos pizza logo as a profile picture.
James385
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by futbol)
Lol at your profile picture.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by futbol)
:five:

mr pizza = rekt

:toofunny:
username775001
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by ecolier)
I do so well that I spend my evenings here, when of course I should be in my super-yacht sailing in the Med, or in my private jet touring Las Vegas.
didn’t get enough a*s then
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ecolier)
I do so well that I spend my evenings here,
:rofl: Bit harsh on the rest of us...:emo:
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
OP I’ll be completely honest. It depends. No one knows where life will take them. There are people who try hard to be successful, have the intellect to do it, yet it never happens. You just need to be in the right place at the right time. An element of luck is involved in being successful. There are people with A* and first class degrees who are unemployed or working mediocre jobs, just like there’s people like that who are also incredibly wealthy. All you can do is keep trying your best and push yourself. The rest is beyond your powers.
jj242
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nope not really. A guy in my family is very smart, got all the top grades in his gcses, a levels etc. But he doesnt even wanna get a job, hes still living with his mom (Think hes about 26-28) with no job.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got a first and I was out boozing 3 times a week with my mates, so the comment that equates good grades with no social life doesn't ring for me. Did it make a difference? Yes, when I wanted third party funding for a PhD - a research council is generally not gonna award funding to somebody with a 2.1 - it's hard enough getting it when you have a first at bachelor and a distinction at masters. Does it make a different outside of that? Depends on your precise area, but in my experience, not as much as people tend to think.
The RAR
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Most likely yes as employers will be fascinated with a first class degree but I have heard there are people with first class degrees who are still unemployed
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.41%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.52%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (86)
19.07%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (181)
40.13%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.66%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.21%