The Student Room Group

Need some advice

There’s this girl, really pretty and funny and kind and just a nice person all round that I like, only problem is that she lives in Cornwall and I live up North. Don’t know if this affects anything any more but she’s my dads friends daughter, him and and my dad went to school together about 30 years back now. What do I do? I only see her a couple of times a year but I’ve never liked someone this much before
Talk to her, strike up conversations online and get to know her. How old are you? because just because you live far apart now if you both end up liking each other and it works between you that distance wont always be there (also relationships that can withstand being long distance last better)
Also if your parents are friends I see no issue with that. Usually it works in peoples favour
Original post by Anonymous
Talk to her, strike up conversations online and get to know her. How old are you? because just because you live far apart now if you both end up liking each other and it works between you that distance wont always be there (also relationships that can withstand being long distance last better)
Also if your parents are friends I see no issue with that. Usually it works in peoples favour

Yeah I’ve been texting her 4 or 5 times a week for the past 3 months or something and I’m in y11, she’s in y10 (again, not sure if thats weird)
Original post by TeessideTinpot
Yeah I’ve been texting her 4 or 5 times a week for the past 3 months or something and I’m in y11, she’s in y10 (again, not sure if thats weird)

That's only a year difference, so no. Especially not when some year eleves date year 8s/9s.
Does it seem like she's into you? And again you don't really have any problems I can see other than the distance thing, and if you can get that to work for now then you're good. Especially because once Uni or Work comes around you can really go wherever and meet more often because you'll have more money.
Reply 4
There’s this girl, really pretty and funny and kind and just a nice person all round that I like, only problem is that she lives in Cornwall and I live up North. Don’t know if this affects anything any more but she’s my dads friends daughter, him and and my dad went to school together about 30 years back now. What do I do? I only see her a couple of times a year but I’ve never liked someone this much before

Maybe send a cheeky nude and gauge her response?
That's only a year difference, so no. Especially not when some year eleves date year 8s/9s.
Does it seem like she's into you? And again you don't really have any problems I can see other than the distance thing, and if you can get that to work for now then you're good. Especially because once Uni or Work comes around you can really go wherever and meet more often because you'll have more money.

Honestly? I’m terrible with girls so don’t know if she likes me back but I think she’s genuinely happy talking to me and I make her laugh. But I don’t want to do anything about it because every other time I’ve told someone how I feel I get rejected, and I wouldn’t want to ruin our friendship as make things awkward next time we see each other
Original post by futbol

The files too large, already tried 😉
Original post by futbol

1. he's in year 11 and she's in year 10 and thus this would be illegal
2. most girls can really like someone and will immediately go off them if you send them a nude
So bad idea, mate
Reply 8
2. most girls can really like someone and will immediately go off them if you send them a nude
So bad idea, mate

Maybe an underwear pic then :dontknow:

Worked for me dozens of times.
Honestly? I’m terrible with girls so don’t know if she likes me back but I think she’s genuinely happy talking to me and I make her laugh. But I don’t want to do anything about it because every other time I’ve told someone how I feel I get rejected, and I wouldn’t want to ruin our friendship as make things awkward next time we see each other

I'm terrible with girls too (and I am one), so I get you. They're super confusing something. Honestly maybe you should casually bring up the topic of relationships, rather than letting you know how she feels. Since even if she did like you, most girls want you to make the first move. at least then if you brought it up you could test the waters and see if it was possible.
I'm terrible with girls too (and I am one), so I get you. They're super confusing something. Honestly maybe you should casually bring up the topic of relationships, rather than letting you know how she feels. Since even if she did like you, most girls want you to make the first move. at least then if you brought it up you could test the waters and see if it was possible.

Might try to get that into the conversation sometime, but how would I get it in there casually?
So bad idea, mate

nvm
(edited 6 years ago)
No harm in talking to her and seeing where it leads you never know
Might try to get that into the conversation sometime, but how would I get it in there casually?

You know, I'm not actually sure. I never actually bring it up with others. You could bring up a friend getting into a relationship, or about a new years resolution about relationships, or some fortune thing? Or talk about a girl asking you out or just find some sort of leeway like that. Maybe bring up something that annoys you about relationships or people's attitudes towards them? IDK I'm not really a subtle person
You know, I'm not actually sure. I never actually bring it up with others. You could bring up a friend getting into a relationship, or about a new years resolution about relationships, or some fortune thing? Or talk about a girl asking you out or just find some sort of leeway like that. Maybe bring up something that annoys you about relationships or people's attitudes towards them? IDK I'm not really a subtle person

I’ll do that, thanks for the help 👍
I am looking for a way to register at the university legally but I do not know what to do if it is helpful and thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending