The Student Room Group

Want to change college course?

Hi,
I am on my second year at college doing a vocational course in construction and really want to change my course.
The reasons being it is not what I want to do anymore, the course is being ran very poorly (teachers leaving and not really helping out when you need help) also the majority of the class has complained due to the reasons above plus no one is on target because of this.
I want to change my course to electrical installations but I think it might be to late in the academic year and was wondering what I could do? The only reason I chose to do my second year was to get my GCSE's up but going to college everyday gives me kind of like a form of anxiety/depression. I don't enjoy it at all and I want to do something I enjoy.
Anyone know what I should do? I go back on Wednesday and I am not looking forward to it at all.
Thanks.
Original post by louisAf1999
Hi,
I am on my second year at college doing a vocational course in construction and really want to change my course.
The reasons being it is not what I want to do anymore, the course is being ran very poorly (teachers leaving and not really helping out when you need help) also the majority of the class has complained due to the reasons above plus no one is on target because of this.
I want to change my course to electrical installations but I think it might be to late in the academic year and was wondering what I could do? The only reason I chose to do my second year was to get my GCSE's up but going to college everyday gives me kind of like a form of anxiety/depression. I don't enjoy it at all and I want to do something I enjoy.
Anyone know what I should do? I go back on Wednesday and I am not looking forward to it at all.
Thanks.

You all need to make an official complaint to head of college. You will find it difficult to change now until September. If you complaint properly and the head does nothing then you can follow the complaint procedure and take it to an outside body.

The ESFA for complaints about FE colleges. (Education an skills funding agency).

https://www.gov.uk/complainfurthereducationapprenticeship

Quick Reply

Latest