Pm If Mad
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thought I'd start one of these to try and keep myself a bit more accountable and track my progress better, been lurking for a while now...

Stats
6'2'
185lb (83.9kg)

About me
22 year old student in the final year of my undergraduate degree studying economics. Been going to the gym since I started at university, but have been hampered by persistent injuries. (currently carrying a rotator cuff injury which I have been rehabbing for the past couple of months and an unknown ankle injury which I am awaiting an MRI for) Started playing American Football this year so I'm possibly looking to focus more on the strength side of things as opposed to being a br0.

Maxes
Bench 1RM - 95kg (haven't benched since September)
Deadlift 1RM - 160kg (hook grip beltless) last tested in August, will definitely be higher than this now
Squat 1RM - ??
OHP 1RM - 65kg but haven't done this in a long long time due to shoulder
Pendlay Row 5RM - 80kg

My training split is a bit random atm as I'm very restricted to what I can actually do due to the rotator cuff, but once that has gone away hopefully in a few months, I'll probably give Candito's 6 week programme a go.
Pm If Mad
Rep:
?
Ok, first workout of the new year and first one I've put on here!
Didn't get much sleep last night but still managed to have a decent session, did more volume than normal on back (usually just do 4-5 sets of Pendlays) and I can already feel forearm DOMS developing, so I'll probably use tomorrow as a rest day before I do deadlifts/legs/abs

BW Pullups - 8 reps
BW Chinups - 8 reps

These didn't feel great on my shoulder so decided not to do anymore

Pendlay Rows
60kg x 10
70kg x 8
75kg x 8
80kg x 5 (dreadful form on last rep, didn't touch torso)
60kg x 10 (felt easier than first set of 60, probably need to a couple of warm up sets in future)

One arm cable row
25kg x 10
30kg x 10
25kg x 10 x 2

V bar tricep pushdown
25kg x 12
27.5kg x 10
30kg x 8
32.5kg x 8

Hammer Curls
20kg x 10
22.5kg x 8

Dumbbell Curls
15kg x 12 x 2

1 arm tricep cable pushdowns
7.5kg x 12
10kg x 10
12.5kg x 6
10kg x 10
CleverSquirrel
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
subbed!! good luck!
Pm If Mad
Rep:
?
OK so today was a complete disaster.... plan was to make the most of my last day at the gym I use when I'm not at uni (going back tomorrow) and go for a new deadlift PR. This gym has bumper plates and my uni gym only has bumper plates in the S&C room, which only performance sports can use (american football is not one...). So anyway, I went to warm up with 70kg and straight away I could feel that the inside of my upper thigh had not recovered from my last deadlift session which was 4 days prior. I'd pulled sumo for the first time, preferred it, but when I went to do it today I clearly needed more time off. Went to do some leg stuff but could still feel it so decided to just do some shoulder rehab and a little abs circuit (even doing ab wheel was near impossible because of lats DOMS) and call it a day to do some revision.
Pm If Mad
Rep:
?
Had my first session back at the uni gym yesterday. Decided I'm going to do a full body workout (minus push movements) twice a week over the next month so i can focus on exams.

Deadlifts
2 warm up sets, then went to pull 120x5 for my last warm up set and it literally wouldn't move off the ground. No idea wtf happened as I'd literally pulled 140x5 a week ago, possibly sleep deprivation over the past few days. Switched to conventional and got the 120x5, then moved on to do other stuff because to be honest I felt depressed :cry2:

Dumbell rows 28kg 4 sets of 10, nice slow contraction as this is fairly light and I haven't done them in a while

Leg press, 60kg each side, 10 sets of 10 with 60 second rest in between sets

Did some arm stuff afterwards, nothing of note apart really apart from 2 sets of 22kg hammer curls, which is up from the 20kg last sesssion (not a pr though)

Did about 20 minutes of ab work including ab wheel, 2 rounds of a circuit, and some leg raises on the dip machine or whatever you want to call it. Going to be incorporating a lot more direct ab work over the next couple of months and also looking to lose a few kg as I've got tour coming up at the end of March :devil:

Hope everybody's revision/work is going well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (223)
43.39%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (58)
11.28%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.59%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (108)
21.01%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (58)
11.28%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (28)
5.45%

Watched Threads