Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Why is no one intervening in Burma against the Burmese government to stop the genocide against the Rohingya people?

The same government that was once oppressed in the 20th century by the government of that time, are now the oppressors.

That nobel peace prize Aung San Suu Kyi earned should be revoked, and she should be trialled for her crimes against humanity.

ReputationRep:
    Agree
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I think the international reaction to the crisis has been shocking.

Although I do wonder why there has been so little coverage on the causes and origins of the ethnic cleansing?

ReputationRep:
    Agreed with all of the above. But short of a long, drawn out, bloody and protracted war that would likely end in stalemate, what can you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Agreed with all of the above. But short of a long, drawn out, bloody and protracted war that would likely end in stalemate, what can you do?
    Burma has an irrelevant government with very little influence on the earth; it would be eliminated before any intervention takes place... All that needs to be done is for any super power to say "We are now going to intervene with military action" and Burma would surrender.

Why hasn't this happened? The reason why could be because there is no political and economic gain for those who intervene if Burma didn't simply just surrender / or Burma is allies with some nations that agree with the genocide, leading to wars on a larger scale.

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't agree more, that ***** should have her nobel prize stripped off from her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRealAdam1)
    Burma has an irrelevant government with very little influence on the earth; it would be eliminated before any intervention takes place... All that needs to be done is for any super power to say "We are now going to intervene with military action" and Burma would surrender.

Why hasn't this happened? The reason why could be because there is no political and economic gain for those who intervene if Burma didn't simply just surrender / or Burma is allies with some nations that agree with the genocide, leading to wars on a larger scale.
    Simply put OP, Muslim blood has become very cheap therefore certain individuals don't care to assist them. It's unfortunately become a selfish world where it's all about 'me'. And others are excluded in the process.

That said, there is still possibilities to help them out before its actually too late. Let's hope they string their actions together before anything else occurs.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Why is no one intervening in Burma against the Burmese government to stop the genocide against the Rohingya people?

The same government that was once oppressed in the 20th century by the government of that time, are now the oppressors.

That nobel peace prize Aung San Suu Kyi earned should be revoked, and she should be trialled for her crimes against humanity.
    Honestly, you shouldn't trust the main stream media. If you do enough research you will discover that Rohingya actually caused this. Because they are a different community, they proclaim the area where they live a autonomus country and started to kill and rape Burmese and then the government start to arrest them and deport them. I know that not everybody in the Rohingya community didn't cause this, but they are starting to get a lot of support from foreign people.Some

ReputationRep:
    You'd think the Arab Nations would intervene, being the Ummah 😡

ReputationRep:
    It's debatable how much power Aung San Suu Kyi actually has. Nevertheless, it's still awful that she's pretty much denied any of the atrocities committed by the military.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

The head of the U.N watchdog for human rights has suggested that Aung Suu Kyi could face genocide charges. The city of Oxford stripped her of her Freedom of Oxford award and she should also have her peace prize revoked (if that's even possible).

It's embarrassing that the U.N has not intervened yet, they should be placing heavy sanctions on Myanmar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dariopussolo)
    Honestly, you shouldn't trust the main stream media. If you do enough research you will discover that Rohingya actually caused this. Because they are a different community, they proclaim the area where they live a autonomus country and started to kill and rape Burmese and then the government start to arrest them and deport them. I know that not everybody in the Rohingya community didn't cause this, but they are starting to get a lot of support from foreign people.Some
    Ok how many people raped the Burmese. Where is your so called evidence. Do you know how much pain these people are going through. Women, children, men, pregnant woman and the elderly. All these people are literally being burned alive. All you are doing is sitting behind a screen and typing. None of your family has gone through this so people like you just wouldn't know the extent of the pain.

ReputationRep:
    Is there oil there? No? Nobody cares

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophia13)
    Ok how many people raped the Burmese. Where is your so called evidence. Do you know how much pain these people are going through. Women, children, men, pregnant woman and the elderly. All these people are literally being burned alive. All you are doing is sitting behind a screen and typing. None of your family has gone through this so people like you just wouldn't know the extent of the pain.
    https://youtu.be/AmaHrMiQre0 is one hour long,hope is enough.
    I don't have any data because none was collected and even if it was, I would likely be on Burmese, but the same could be said for the Rohingya, nobody went there and started to collected data.
    And also I think they exaggerated wifh the violence and don't you think is hypocrisy since you are also sitting behind a screen and typing this?
    And my family is half Russian and my grandad and his brother were killed, obviously is not the same and i never met them, but the same could be said about you, unless you were burnt alive and somehow managed to survive

ReputationRep:
    Burma has an irrelevant government with very little influence on the earth;
    In recent history, so were Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq and Korea. And despite total military superiority in all conflicts, each country ultimately kicked the invading forces.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by The RAR)
    Couldn't agree more, that ***** should have her nobel prize stripped off from her
    (Original post by MaryH3)
    Agree
    (Original post by MiszShortee786)
    Simply put OP, Muslim blood has become very cheap therefore certain individuals don't care to assist them. It's unfortunately become a selfish world where it's all about 'me'. And others are excluded in the process.

That said, there is still possibilities to help them out before its actually too late. Let's hope they string their actions together before anything else occurs.
    And you're all forgetting the things Rohingya muslims do towards Rohingya Hindus? Force marriages and conversion?

Seems to me the victim card has been played very well here.

ReputationRep:
    Because they're not Christians/a Western country

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RickHendricks)
    And you're all forgetting the things Rohingya muslims do towards Rohingya Hindus? Force marriages and conversion?

Seems to me the victim card has been played very well here.
    That's all well an true. It takes two to tango. I agree that what the rohiniygans action did was not apporipate therefore I am truly sorry on their behalf.

Don't forget that the Hindus were then beating the crap out of the rohiniygans which imo was over the top and was unesscarry.

By taking revenge they made it worse for everyone. No one is a victim in this 'war'.

No one should be forced to do anything neither should anyone be killed as a revenge either. It doesn't support anything for that matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiszShortee786)
    That's all well an true. It takes two to tango. I agree that what the rohiniygans action did was not apporipate therefore I am truly sorry on their behalf.

Don't forget that the Hindus were then beating the crap out of the rohiniygans which imo was over the top and was unesscarry.

By taking revenge they made it worse for everyone. No one is a victim in this 'war'.

No one should be forced to do anything neither should anyone be killed as a revenge either. It doesn't support anything for that matter.
    I don't the hindus were on the bad side this time. Atleast in Myanmar. In india and other hindu majority countries, the actions of Hindus are bad enough, but not in Myanmar. It seems to me that everytime the actions of the Burmese government is introduced, the only victims mentioned are the Muslims and the lives of the Hindus are simply brushed under the carpet.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

What are they going to do? Invade and embroil ourselves in another endless bloody war? Noone has the stomach for that anymore. This is leaving aside the fact that we would likely get a jolly good hiding from them.

I'm not defending her per say here but you do know its rather doubtful she has anything to do with it? She is little more than a figure head who exists to dance to the tune of the army.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.