The Student Room Group

Edexcel january papers

Hi everyone.

I'm in year 12 and have my mock exams next week. I do Bio, Chem and Physics. I just wanted to know what will our mocks be based on? Will it be a Jan 2018 paper by edexcel? Or June/Jan 2016?

If ur in year 13 and have already done mocks for year 12 in jan, it would be helpful.

Yes i know i screwed up and didn't revise as much as i wanted to be completely prepared for the mocks. Plz reply ASAP.

Thanks.

(Btw 2018, i'm done with this **** where i procrastinate n stuff. My main goal this year is to work my ass off in school cuz the first term for me in yr 12 was aids).
Reply 1
It depends on your school, but I should mention a few things:

- There are no longer any January exams for A levels, they were phased out after 2013
- It's highly unlikely they'll use the 2016 AS papers (*separate to A level) as they're available to the public

They're likely to give you either:
- The 2017 AS papers (quite likely, but they may save these for the internals at the end of year 12)
- Their own custom paper in line with the specification content - some teachers do this as they're unlikely to have covered all the content yet
- Any of the Specimen Papers/Sample Assessment Material (real papers developed by the exam board for students studying a new specification to have an idea what the papers will look like)

Quick Reply

Latest