Shamsul.A
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What is responsible enterprise?” The purpose of this structured essay is to critique the role of business in society. In doing so, students should:

Discuss key global challenges, with reference to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals

Highlight the impact of private enterprise in society on those challenges

Define responsible enterprise

can anyone give me some points to talk about from each of they bulletpoint.
Thanks you😢
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Shamsul.A)
What is responsible enterprise?” The purpose of this structured essay is to critique the role of business in society. In doing so, students should:

Discuss key global challenges, with reference to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals

Highlight the impact of private enterprise in society on those challenges

Define responsible enterprise

can anyone give me some points to talk about from each of they bulletpoint.
Thanks you😢
The first point is asking you to look at The UN development goals] and discuss which ones you think are key (most important) in relation to responsible enterprise. All of them are important, but you might feel that some are more relevant to the topic of your essay. For example, 11, 12 and 15 are instantly recognisable as relevant. Number 6 might initially seem less relevant - but then you might consider that businesses use water, and so it would be responsible of them to not waste the clean water, and for them to dispose of their waste in a way that doesn't contaminate water supplies.

Private enterprises exist to make money, and sometimes it can be cheaper to do things in a non-sustainable way. For example, look at Mr Burns - he's cutting costs by having a useless safety inspector, dumping rubbish in the local lake and woods, and generally operating in a way that's bad. But he's very, very rich. Moe's bar is operating in a way that helps the local wildlife population. But it doesn't matter how many rats Moe can feed, because his efforts are wiped out by the impact of Mr Burns' activities.

You can find a basic definition of sustainable development here, and responsible enterprise would be working in a sistainable way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (134)
28.57%
No - I have already returned home (63)
13.43%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.83%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.59%
No - I live at home during term anyway (134)
28.57%

Watched Threads