Claire’s nose piercing Watch

charlottehatch
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
hiya! i’m thinking of getting my nose pierced at claire’s accessories. i can’t find any prices for nose piercings in claire’s and it isn’t possible for me to go into a claire’s shop and ask before getting it pierced as i live over an hour away from the nearest claire’s to me. i was wondering if anyone knows what would be the cheapest i could get it done?
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
this relates to ear piercing at Claires:

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/parenti...es-Accessories

you should read the comments carefully.
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Piercings are better off done at a body piercing studio or tattoo place. The people are much more skilled and trained, and they would use a super sharp needle rather than trying to fire a blunt stud through your skin with a gun.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by charlottehatch)
hiya! i’m thinking of getting my nose pierced at claire’s accessories. i can’t find any prices for nose piercings in claire’s and it isn’t possible for me to go into a claire’s shop and ask before getting it pierced as i live over an hour away from the nearest claire’s to me. i was wondering if anyone knows what would be the cheapest i could get it done?
Claire's use a gun for piercing, and you really shouldn't use a gun for nose piercing. You shouldn't get an ear piercing done with a gun either, but a nose piercing is a million times worse. And when something is already bad, a million times worse is really, really bad.
katf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Avoid like the plague. I had my ears done at Claire's and one got infected due to a lack of sterile instruments.

My local tattoo parlour did my cartilage. Used a needle, it hurt way less and was properly sterile so no infection.

It also cost less at the tattoo parlour with someone who actually knows what they are doing than it did at Claire's.
Redeyeji
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got my nose done yesterday at Claire's. The stud was so tiny it embedded into my nose by the next day. Yes, I did put a plastic butterfly to stop it falling out, but there was no advice given not to do this, plus if the stud wasnt so tiny it would not have embedded. There was not much choice in terms of stud used at Claire's. I paid £20. I would recommend a tattoo shop as I think they would be more skilled at doing it and there might be more choice in terms of the type of stud used (including one you can bend once inside the nose). Claire do not give you a butterfly. I was quoted £15 at the local tattoo shop. I'll have to get it done again when my nose heals. It was a waste of money!!
yaminix
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hiya, I wouldn’t get your nose pierced at Claire’s. I got my nose done 3 years ago at a tattoo parlour. They did the piercing with a needle. It didn’t hurt one bit but it depends on your pain tolerance. I highly suggest not getting it done at Claire’s - get it done professionally at a tattoo parlour which also do piercings!!
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by charlottehatch)
nooo don't. They aren't trained well enough Do don't use the most sterile equipment and use an unsterile environment. Go to a piercer!
Antonialosasso
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Well i had gotten mine done at. Home. It hurt frozen peas helped used Orajel on the area aswell i say get it done it hurts for about a second of like a sting up threw nose into eye then its over healing is sore maybe 1 week it realy doesnt hurt after that one half min of pain its done it will look nice good luck oh dont know about Clare's but piercing pogoda does it 30 to 80 is thie range of prices for most places hope this was usefull ☺
Tizwardx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
£20 x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (65)
27.31%
1 (39)
16.39%
2 (40)
16.81%
3 (32)
13.45%
4 (16)
6.72%
5 (20)
8.4%