Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    if i was thinking about doing a robbery/crime id be more worried if the police were armed with bullets rather than harse language.
    You would only get shot if you attempted to injure the police officer or a civilian... and let me assure you, if you have a firearm SO19 would be more then happy to issue some of that rough justice you are so fond of talking about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
    You would only get shot if you attempted to injure the police officer or a civilian... and let me assure you, if you have a firearm SO19 would be more then happy to issue some of that rough justice you are so fond of talking about.
    as both my parents are in the police, i'd prefer them to have all the protection they can get. that doesnt mean they go round shooting people. infact i dont think my parents have ever had to but at least the option is there to defend themselves

i've seen people saying "arming the police will arm the criminals". this is pure tripe. the criminals have always had guns and always will. they hardly have morals and stop to think "hmm, they dont have guns, lets be fair and not have any either"

ReputationRep:
    My dad is in S019...

They do a good enough job that the police dont need firearms... because people like my dad do there job well enough.

When was the last time a policeman was shot... dosn't happen that much, and unless there is a major change in society arming the entire police force is IMO a unneeded, expensive and dangerous action.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Douglas)
    You must have some pretty dumb criminals. If I were a criminal, the logical thing would be to be "one up" on the police, by carrying a 44 magnum.
    Which is supporting what I'm saying.

If I were a cop, I'd want a gun, and if I saw a pedophile (another thread) raping a child, I'd shoot to kill.....one pedophile less.
    Are you American or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    as both my parents are in the police, i'd prefer them to have all the protection they can get. that doesnt mean they go round shooting people. infact i dont think my parents have ever had to but at least the option is there to defend themselves

i've seen people saying "arming the police will arm the criminals". this is pure tripe. the criminals have always had guns and always will. they hardly have morals and stop to think "hmm, they dont have guns, lets be fair and not have any either"
    Would you say that the number of armed criminals is as much as that in America?

Would you say that most criminals have guns?

Also, your point on the whole "harsh words" issue is rather stupid. If the incident is deemed serious enough, then firearmed squads are called out.

ReputationRep:
    You must have some pretty dumb criminals. If I were a criminal, the logical thing would be to be "one up" on the police, by carrying a 44 magnum.

If I were a cop, I'd want a gun, and if I saw a pedophile (another thread) raping a child, I'd shoot to kill.....one pedophile less.
    Erm...generally paedophiles do not abuse children in the middle of the street and certainly not in front of police officers. That's not the way they operate. And, if they do in the US, you're the ones with the 'dumb criminals', not us.

(Original post by bratcat)
    Erm...generally paedophiles do not abuse children in the middle of the street and certainly not in front of police officers. That's not the way they operate. And, if they do in the US, you're the ones with the 'dumb criminals', not us.
    What did I say in my post that implied that pedophiles assaulted children in front of a police station etc ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Would you say that most criminals have guns?
    where i am, northern ireland, all the criminals are armed to the teeth. probably due to the heavy paramilitary involvement.

i dont live in america, so cant comment

ReputationRep:
    yeah this is essential. crooks get away with too much nowadays. why cant a police man shoot the bugger in the foot or something and give them 5 years?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.