The Student Room Group

What period in history do you find the most interesting?

In lieu of this week's quiz, I thought I'd take a different note this week, and look at different eras of history :holmes:

What period in history do you find the most interesting? Why?

Scroll to see replies

America's removal on communism period

.Korean war
.cuban missile crisis
.Vietnam war
the Aztecs are fascinating... i love playing this game ?

http://www.mesoweb.com/crystal/index.html

it is set in 15th century Mexico in the reign of Moctezuma....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/art/art-features/6213665/Moctezuma-the-leader-who-lost-an-empire.html
The Aztecs aren't ancient. Balliol and Merton have been around longer than they have. There are pubs in England that were open before the Aztecs.
Same here! I love Egyptology :smile:
The 19th century/Victorian era.
Original post by shadowdweller
In lieu of this week's quiz, I thought I'd take a different note this week, and look at different eras of history :holmes:

I am a big fan of ancient times, be it the Romans, Egypt or Mesopotamia. Those cultures changed the living of humans in a deceisive way, those were the first step to civilization.

Another period I like is the industrial revolution, with the miseries at the very beginning and later reforms from time to time to guarantee a better living standard for majority of people.
Reply 7
Atlantis in other words.
Both World Wars, and the late colonisation period (basically the European Scramble for Africa).

So everything from 1880 to about 1950.
Mid-late 18th century (i.e. around the time the Industrial Revolution began), to the end of the Victorian era, because this was a period where the country started to see economic and social change. It was the birth of modern Britain.
I think developments right now a pretty intriguing in my area of law !

I only studied History at GCSE level, and I found the American West depth study 1840-1895 very interesting. Mainly because it was fascinating to see how the country developed through farming techniques and construction techniques etc. Oh, because we got to learn about railroads :biggrin:
Italian renaissance, because of assassins creed 2 😝

I don’t know if it classes more as an art period rather than a historical one, but I find it interesting all the same
Reply 13
It goes in phases. Back into the Easter Rising/Irish Civil War at the minute.
Yesterday evening
Cold War Era (America vs Soviet Union)
To those who've answered already, what is it that interests you about that time period? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The parts where the evidence for the official story is suspect, which is often the case.
Original post by Consectatrix
Italian renaissance, because of assassins creed 2 😝

I don’t know if it classes more as an art period rather than a historical one, but I find it interesting all the same

"The Medici: Godfathers of the Renaissance" by Paul Strathern, is a great, well researched, and beautifully written account of this pivotal period in European history. Highly recommended.
Favorite period of history; what we've learnt / discovered about the initial fist nanoseconds after the Big Bang, the birth of everything. Fascinating!

Quick Reply

Latest