DoctorAngel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
HI Guys
I have an interview for pharmacy at ASTON university. I really want to get in to ASTON. How shall I prepare for the interview? What is it like? Any tips and advice would be helpful? Any advice from current students?
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi DoctorAngel!

I'm a current finial-year English student at Aston. Although I can't say a lot about preparing for a Pharm interview, I can give you some tips about interview prep, what the uni's like, and advice from a final-year that's been learned over 3 years here.

Interview Prep.
Dress to impress! Smart-casual will do as a minimum - if it's pulled-off right. Maybe think of some good answers for possible areas that may come up? (Your achievements in school, interests outside of uni, motivation for studying pharmacy, etc.) whilst we really don't know what the pharmacy admissions team would ask, having some honest, good responses might help you out.

What is Aston like?
Aston is a campus university, with our classrooms, teaching facilities, library, student dorms, fitness centre and Students' Union all on one convenient site. But we are also central in the city centre, just an 8 minute walk to the very middle of Birmingham. The campus is green, lively and diverse. Students from all walks of life live, study and work here.
The Students' Union offers everything from society and social groups, to faith / prayer facilities (we have an on-campus multi-faith centre too, through to help with housing, jobs, mental / sexual health, etc

We also have excellent facilities in our main building, library, etc, but we can tell you more should you want to know.

Advice

Be the first one to say hello if it's a bit quiet, especially with all new people; try as many sports clubs and societies as you can fit in, especially if it's all new to you; get involved in any opportunity that comes to you, you'll never know what could happen! It all sounds cliched, but you'd be surprised how many people coast through in their comfort zone. Make it count :-)!

^Dec

(Original post by DoctorAngel)
HI Guys
I have an interview for pharmacy at ASTON university. I really want to get in to ASTON. How shall I prepare for the interview? What is it like? Any tips and advice would be helpful? Any advice from current students?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Aston University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (203)
19.13%
Labour (449)
42.32%
Liberal Democrats (208)
19.6%
Green Party (54)
5.09%
Brexit Party (28)
2.64%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (16)
1.51%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.94%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.09%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.19%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (3)