DoctorAngel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
HI Guys
I have an interview for pharmacy at Portsmouth university. I really want to get in to Portsmouth. How shall I prepare for the interview? What is it like? Any tips and advice would be helpful? Any current students please help?
Please share any example questions?
Nw_N
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by DoctorAngel)
HI Guys
I have an interview for pharmacy at Portsmouth university. I really want to get in to Portsmouth. How shall I prepare for the interview? What is it like? Any tips and advice would be helpful? Any current students please help?
Please share any example questions?
I have been invited to interview next week for pharmacy too. I’m so nervous and I have no idea how the mini multiple interview will be, how to prepare specially for maths, English, Biology and chemistry questions. I really hope to get brife idea just before the interview
DoctorAngel
Rep:
?
Tell me how urs goes..how are u prepping for it?
Nw_N
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Tell me how urs goes..how are u prepping for it?
I have not prepared yet! I don’t know how to prepare. I’m looking for people who had experience to give me any advice, but seems to be nobody wants to help. Please let me know if you will get any clue
awardak15
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nw_N)
I have not prepared yet! I don’t know how to prepare. I’m looking for people how had experience to get me any advice, but seems to be nobody wants to help. Please let me know if you will get any clue
I also have my interview on Thursday (11/01) for Pharmacy. I have been told a little bit about the interview from my friend.
DoctorAngel
Rep:
?
Aw please can you share some info with me ❤️
awardak15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Aw please can you share some info with me ❤️
Based on what they said:

Maths Questions are basically conversions: L to cL to mL.
Chemistry Questions: Your given a structural formula of an organic molecule and you have to identify different functional groups.
Biology Questions (ones I'm most concerned about): You may be given diagrams of the heart or digestive system and your job would be label them. I'm dreading the biology questions tbh.
DoctorAngel
Rep:
?
Oh god I’m sacred! I’m so bad with bio to 😭😭😭it’s so hard
awardak15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh god I’m sacred! I’m so bad with bio to 😭😭😭it’s so hard
Same lol, they could ask about anything.
Nw_N
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by awardak15)
I also have my interview on Thursday (11/01) for Pharmacy. I have been told a little bit about the interview from my friend.
Oh we will meet up there then 😅. Thanks for sharing these information. Did they tell you anything else about English test and what they meant by mini multiple interview?
DoctorAngel
Rep:
?
Apparently it’s 8 stations each minute long and its staff interaction and student and applicant interaction and they test us on bio chem English maths knowledge like really all this for Pharamacy? Just a bit curious but why do you want to do pharamacy btw?
Nw_N
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Apparently it’s 8 stations each minute long and its staff interaction and student and applicant interaction and they test us on bio chem English maths knowledge like really all this for Pharamacy? Just a bit curious but why do you want to do pharamacy btw?
Oh thanks for your reply. What was your maths, biology and chemistry questions? And was it like group interview or individual! And how long did it take to get an offer, if you did?
DoctorAngel
Rep:
?
Lol sorry but mines on the 26th
Nw_N
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lol sorry but mines on the 26th
Oh I thought you’ve already done it in December. Good luck
temmy234
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
has anyone gotten an offer from Portsmouth already?
DoctorAngel
Rep:
?
Yeah
temmy234
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
whats the offer and are you planning on making them your frim choice?

I got 128 UCAS conditional offer btw
Marrii123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nw_N)
I have not prepared yet! I don’t know how to prepare. I’m looking for people who had experience to give me any advice, but seems to be nobody wants to help. Please let me know if you will get any clue
Hey, how did your interview go? I also have an interview there soon. What type of questions can I expect? Were the maths, chemistry, and biology tests hard?
it would be really helpful if you could answer back soon, please.
temmy234
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
it was a MMI but the questions were on computers. All the questions were relatively easy, you just need to know about ml to l etc
nothing serious really.
Marrii123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by temmy234)
it was a MMI but the questions were on computers. All the questions were relatively easy, you just need to know about ml to l etc
nothing serious really.
Thank you. Its just I haven't really done much maths since school, so I was little worried. but is that what all the maths questions are based on, converting between units? or do they aks other questions too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (7)
50%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (1)
7.14%
No I am happy with my choice (6)
42.86%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed