liyana3
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

My name is Liyana and I am 15, almost 16. I'm currently studying the IGCSE syllabus. I am not a perfect student and I get somewhat good grades. I hope Grow Your Grades helps me get the grades that I really want.
Spoiler: I want all A*s

My grades currently:
Chemistry: A* :elefant:
Physics: A*:elefant:
DT: A* :elefant:
Business: A
Additional Math: A
History: A
English Language: B
English Literature: A

My weakest subjects are actually the English subjects; last time I got a B for Lit and an A for lang. This time it's just swapped. So yeah I need to work super hard to get those A*s, but it will be worth it.

Love from,
Liyana
liyana3
Rep:
?
Hi,

Today I did do some History work. I don't like history that much but I think I found a technique that really works for me. I basically make a presentation on powerpoint for each of the chapters I have. Then, I go and teach it to a wall. I have heard of teaching the material but the added step of making the presentation just helps to consolidate the information into my head more. It works really well for me so I think I'm going to stick with it.

Love from,
Liyana
Attached files
liyana3
Rep:
?
I didn't do much studying for English today and I'm really mad about it but I did manage to do some History paper 1 planning. I'm really getting the hang of the League of Nations chapter but the rest, like appeasement I just don't get that much. I've really got to step that up before my mocks and I don't have that many days so I've got to do it really quick. I'm working hard and I hope you all have a productive day!

Love,
Liyana
liyana3
Rep:
?
Hi,

Today was probably the MOST productive day I've had in weeks. I did 4 English lang. past papers and I did pretty well on them, I also finished them way before the time limit. I'm so proud of myself! I did some additional math work as well because I'm not good with the calculus part anyways. So tomorrow, I'm going to be doing some English lit. and I really hope I get all A*s on my mocks.

Love from,
Liyana
abc123ina
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hey liyana i am in year 9 and i am doing my igcse maths in a couple of days do you have any tips
liyana3
Rep:
?
Hi,

Yesterday was much more productive than before. I learnt 3 chapter of my History book in a night. Today I had to do a paper 4 on Nazi Germany for my mock so I had to study hard.
Guess what? I aced the test and I know I'm going to get an A*. I am so proud of myself because at the beginning of year 10 I was a C grade History student and now I'm an A* student. I wrote a lot of notes last night so I hope that will help me for my Paper 2 mock tomorrow.

Good luck,
LiyanaName:  20180109_223917-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 93
Size:  89.4 KB
Fox Corner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by liyana3)
Hi,

Yesterday was much more productive than before. I learnt 3 chapter of my History book in a night. Today I had to do a paper 4 on Nazi Germany for my mock so I had to study hard.
Guess what? I aced the test and I know I'm going to get an A*. I am so proud of myself because at the beginning of year 10 I was a C grade History student and now I'm an A* student. I wrote a lot of notes last night so I hope that will help me for my Paper 2 mock tomorrow.

Good luck,
LiyanaName:  20180109_223917-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 93
Size:  89.4 KB
Your notes are so neat and pretty :love: :heart:
liyana3
Rep:
?
Hi,

My paper 2 mock went great it was everything that I hoped for and I really think it's A* worthy. I did the work so I should be getting an A*. Tomorrow I have my business paper 2 mock and I did a past paper today. I used mostly my common sense and I did pretty well. I know I'm going to get the best possible grade for tomorrow. My advice: when studying for the real exams, do a million past papers. That doesn't mean do 3 or 4. I mean start from the latest year, do everything and keep going a year back at least every 3 days.

Best of luck,
LiyanaName:  20180111_212508-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 89
Size:  110.2 KB
liyana3
Rep:
?
Hi,

I wanted to update with some really exciting news, my results for my October/November Chemistry and Physics Igcses just came out. I am proud to say I got A*s for both. Initially, I wasn't sure about the A*s and I got 92% for chemistry and 95% for physics which are much higher than thw world averages. I am so proud and thankful for everything I have got. Now I don't have to worry about my sciences and I've only got humanities, englishes and maths.

Best of luck,
Liyana
liyana3
Rep:
?
Hi,

Today was pretty great. My school worked out a way for me to not do my science classes anymore. So instead of physics I do DT and instead of chemistry I get a free so I can study whatever I like. I already do DT but its just a different class. This way I have more time to finish my coursework because I have like triple DT in a day. Yes, I know, I'm very lucky. Anyways, I had a super productive day today and I even finished my MUN chair report. Actually, I finished one of them. I did do something though and I'm proud of myself.

Stay productive💜
Liyana
liyana3
Rep:
?
Hi,

Today was totally unproductive all I did was a chair report and some kumon. I went out the entire day and I ate the most unhealthy food so yeah I feel pretty bad. I did my basic habit tracker things though.

Try to stay productive,
Liyana💜
liyana3
Rep:
?
Hi,

Today was somewhat productive because I did some of my DT coursework so that I could get the best grades possible. However, I literally did not maths today even though I've writing it in my planner for days. I really need to work on time management.

Stay productive,
Liyana💜
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (144)
37.21%
Take autumn exams (121)
31.27%
Look for a job (13)
3.36%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.39%
Take a year out (67)
17.31%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (25)
6.46%

Watched Threads