The Student Room Group

Lloyds Bank account closure

Hi there! Has anybody ever closed an account in Lloyds Bank? Have you ever received anything from them via post afterwards?
I've recently closed my account in Lloyds Bank. The address associated with that account was old, but the girl who was closing my account told me that as it was a direct closure and I received the documents directly from her in a branch, no letter will be send to me by post afterwards and that there's no problem with that old address.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Anna_G
Hi there! Has anybody ever closed an account in Lloyds Bank? Have you ever received anything from them via post afterwards?
I've recently closed my account in Lloyds Bank. The address associated with that account was old, but the girl who was closing my account told me that as it was a direct closure and I received the documents directly from her in a branch, no letter will be send to me by post afterwards and that there's no problem with that old address.
I've had the classic account with free banking, no overdrafts and £0 balance when closing the account. I wonder if they might charge me anything after I've closed my account. I'm not British and I didn't really use that account much, so I'm not sure how everything works in banks in the UK, but when I was opening the account it was said to be free... So now after I've closed it I'm a bit worried that they might have charged something and they will send a letter to my old address, where I no longer live...
(Sorry, I always panic much)

You should be fine and I'm unaware for any charges for just closing it down as long as it was not overdrawn.

If you panic then just contact them and get them to confirm that no further communications will be sent to the address as you have told them you no longer live there. Whilst the customer services can look on their systems to confirm its been closed successfully. That might stop you worrying. they can even put no mail marker on your file.

https://www.lloydsbank.com/contact-us.asp
Original post by Anna_G
Thanks. Just to make sure (and I know it's really stupid) if there were any charges associated with having an account (I've had the Classic one), they would have charged me during my using of the account and collected it directly from my bank account? And if I was owing any money to the bank or if there were any overdrafts, they would have told me when I was closing an account or they simply wouldn't let me close it, right?

Sorry for panicking. I feel I just need someone to tell me not to worry

I think so
DON'T WORRY
I wouldn't be.

My point is speaking to them will hive you the reassurance you need and sorts the issue out for you sooner rather than later.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending