Do you think that man-made climate change exists? Watch

Poll: Do you think that man-made climate change exists?
Yes (24)
88.89%
No (2)
7.41%
Only to a very small degree (1)
3.7%
barken231
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
--
username2281303
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by barken231)
--
yes because there is clear scientific evidence to prove it
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
it is difficult to say... according to respected scientistic magazine New Scientist it was up and down in the past:

http://c3headlines.typepad.com/.a/6a...6dadeb8970b-pi

certainly man made species extinction and destruction of rainforests etc is a thing but that is separate.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by the bear)
it is difficult to say... according to respected scientistic magazine New Scientist it was up and down in the past:

http://c3headlines.typepad.com/.a/6a...6dadeb8970b-pi

certainly man made species extinction and destruction of rainforests etc is a thing but that is separate.
Interesting. Because the data presented below completely contradicts the image you posted, which I am not convinced is from New Scientist BTW.

http://www.climate4you.com/GlobalTemperatures.htm

Of course, thankfully science is not something you need to believe in. If we disagree or don't like the conclusions drawn we are all welcome to collect ice cores and temperature readings so that we may draw our own conclusions.
-Eirlys-
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Moved to Society.

And yes I do. It's very real.
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am not convinced
RF_PineMarten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes. There is very strong and long established scientific evidence for it, and there is zero scientific controversy about its existence.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
Interesting. Because the data presented below completely contradicts the image you posted, which I am not convinced is from New Scientist BTW.
https://www.newscientist.com/article...s-poles-green/
barken231
Rep:
?
(Original post by RF_PineMarten)
Yes. There is very strong and long established scientific evidence for it, and there is zero scientific controversy about its existence.
It is a very sad time for science.
barken231
Rep:
?
(Original post by ZiggyStardust_)
yes because there is clear scientific evidence to prove it
You seem to have forgotten about Climategate.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
I am not convinced
Why not?
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Napp)
Why not?
I am not just, I am one of the ones who really think it is simply the earth that goes through a warming and cooling stage.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
I am not just, I am one of the ones who really think it is simply the earth that goes through a warming and cooling stage.
Fair enough.
Does that mean you dont believe the various emissions have any effect on climate or just negligible in the grand scheme?
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Napp)
Fair enough.
Does that mean you dont believe the various emissions have any effect on climate or just negligible in the grand scheme?
The only thing that really gets me is what about the old coal fires back in the like 50s and 60s that was pumping all sorts of crap into the atmosphere.
RohanYnaik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What a stupid question to ask as an opinion question, this is a question of fact not opinion, we must follow the scientific evidence.
barken231
Rep:
?
(Original post by RohanYnaik)
What a stupid question to ask as an opinion question, this is a question of fact not opinion, we must follow the scientific evidence.
How the hec do you get scientific evidence when the opportunity for scientific fraud is there?

I presume you regard grainy images on TV as scientific proof of the manned moon landings.
RohanYnaik
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How the hec do you get scientific evidence when the opportunity for scientific fraud is there?

I presume you regard grainy images on TV as scientific proof of the manned moon landings.
You look at the scientific studies that have been conducted then you look whether they have been independently peer reviewed, if they have then the phenomena is most probably real with an statistical insignificant possibility that it is a result of random chance acting alone.
barken231
Rep:
?
(Original post by RohanYnaik)
You look at the scientific studies that have been conducted then you look whether they have been independently peer reviewed, if they have then the phenomena is most probably real with an statistical insignificant possibility that it is a result of random chance acting alone.
Why don't you look at the faked data produced by the global warming scientists at East Anglia University in 'Climategate'? It was exposed because their emails were intercepted.
Xopher_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you think the 'combustion' (EXPLODING THOUSANDS OF TIMES PER MINUTE) engine isn't polluting the planet, my name must be Fred. However, I have no regrets driving for pleasure
RohanYnaik
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why don't you look at the faked data produced by the global warming scientists at East Anglia University in 'Climategate'? It was exposed because their emails were intercepted.
OK if it is faked then we can't trust the study doesn't mean we can't trust all the other studies.

What is your point that we can't trust science to show us the truth? I am not making a positive claim about the existence of climate change. Merely that this question is about science and so should be left to scientists to determine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24.06%
No (322)
75.94%

Watched Threads