The Student Room Group

Anyone Else Toy with Young Drivers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by JDieMstr
You pathetic scum of an excuse of a driver need to go and slit your driver's license. Then please burn your car...and while you're at it, blow up your house as well. Thank You!

Seething
Original post by Napp
I hope one of them rear ends you.

😑. I don't think that's a great idea. More payout at our ends. Spare us already.
Original post by UniWasEz
My favourites are when I am sitting happily at the speed limit and someone in their underpowered car comes along trying to overtake. I'll wait until they are drawing level then put the foot down, they always look bitter afterwards.

Why do people overtaking you upset you so much?
Reply 23
Original post by the beer
Why do people overtaking you upset you so much?

Don't have any problem with folk overtaking, but I am not sitting behind some 1.2l corsa. If the conditions are right I don't see the problem with having a bit of fun on the roads.
Reply 24
Always seems to be young drivers in their small engine hatchbacks.

Isn't that yourself, though?

Edit:
someone in their underpowered car comes along trying to overtake

This too :wink:
(edited 6 years ago)
You sound like a kaffir
Original post by IamJacksContempt
About half as bored as you if posts per day are anything to go by

Wasn't actually talking to you, but ok.
Reply 27
Original post by NX172
Isn't that yourself, though?

Edit:

This too :wink:

Pretty ignorant post considering there is a massive difference between hot hatches and standard hatches. Ignorance must be bliss.
Reply 28
Pretty ignorant post considering there is a massive difference between hot hatches and standard hatches. Ignorance must be bliss.

Who said anything about hot hatches and standard hatchbacks?

You mentioned small engine hatchbacks, ST is a small engine hatchback.
You mentioned underpowered cars, ST is an underpowered car.

??
Reply 29
Original post by NX172
Who said anything about hot hatches and standard hatchbacks?

You mentioned small engine hatchbacks, ST is a small engine hatchback.
You mentioned underpowered cars, ST is an underpowered car.

??

Faster than most cars on the road and bigger engine than most hatchbacks......

I dont see the point your are trying to make, if you even have one.
I'll only do it if the conditions allow it. I.E clear straight roads and not at silly speeds. Always seems to be young drivers in their small engine hatchbacks.

My favourites are when I am sitting happily at the speed limit and someone in their underpowered car comes along trying to overtake. I'll wait until they are drawing level then put the foot down, they always look bitter afterwards.

Another good one is if someone is tailgating me I'll put on the fog lights, they think I'm braking and end up slamming their breaks on.

E d g y
Don't have any problem with folk overtaking, but I am not sitting behind some 1.2l corsa. If the conditions are right I don't see the problem with having a bit of fun on the roads.

Surely, they can't be driving that slowly if they were overtaking you???
Reply 32
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Surely, they can't be driving that slowly if they were overtaking you???

Sitting at or just above the speed limit.
I literally just passed my test 2 weeks ago and I haven't had any people "toying" with me so far. I used to get people unnecessarily overtaking me when I was doing a perfectly reasonable speed, but that was when I only had a provisional so I had the L plate on.
Reply 34

Faster than most cars on the road and bigger engine than most hatchbacks......

I dont see the point your are trying to make, if you even have one.

By engine size, probably not. ST is like what, 1.5, 1,6L? Minis, Golfs, even Polos come in 1.0 - 2.0L. Even my mum's Polo has a bigger engine. The ST is smack bang in the middle.

Point is, stop bullying terribly slow cars with a slightly less terribly slow car. What you're doing is much akin to a teenager going to a children's park and pushing kids over.
The people you can overtake won't care about cars and don't deserve to be involved in an accident because you might be slightly faster. (Yes, you might as well be one of those 1L Corsas to me)

There's more than plenty of cars on the road that'll make mincemeat out of your car. PLENTY. Yet they're not driving like absolute menaces. Perhaps learn from them and behave like an adult and respect other road users by not trying to cause an accident for the sake of showing off a glorified student car. Noone's impressed.
(edited 6 years ago)
I'll only do it if the conditions allow it. I.E clear straight roads and not at silly speeds. Always seems to be young drivers in their small engine hatchbacks.

Another good one is if someone is tailgating me I'll put on the fog lights, they think I'm braking and end up slamming their breaks on.

How does it make any sense whatsoever to speed up when the new driver is trying to overtake, when you could be going faster initially? I wouldn't overtake if you were going exactly 60mph. Usually people go about 55 because their speedo reads lower than what they're actually going. If there is an open road in front I will overtake, because I'm never usually going to a specific destination, moreso driving for fun. Most young drivers have black boxes anyway. Let them (me) have fun in my 1.2
(edited 6 years ago)

I actually laughed lmao do people do this?

Im a new driver, you do this to me and we get in an accident just know ill punch your ******** jaw :wink:
Reply 37
Original post by NX172
By engine size, probably not. ST is like what, 1.5, 1,6L? Minis, Golfs, even Polos come in 1.0 - 2.0L. Even my mum's Polo has a bigger engine. The ST is smack bang in the middle.

Point is, stop bullying terribly slow cars with a slightly less terribly slow car. What you're doing is much akin to a teenager going to a children's park and pushing kids over.
The people you can overtake won't care about cars and don't deserve to be involved in an accident because you might be slightly faster. (Yes, you might as well be one of those 1L Corsas to me)

There's more than plenty of cars on the road that'll make mincemeat out of your car. PLENTY. Yet they're not driving like absolute menaces. Perhaps learn from them and behave like an adult and respect other road users by not trying to cause an accident for the sake of showing off a glorified student car. Noone's impressed.

That's a lot of bitterness from you. As I have said previously, I have had 0 accidents, 0 warnings from police, 0 points and I've driven over 100k miles. In fact the only time I've been close to a crash is on marked roundabouts where other drivers have been on their phone/doing makeup and swerved into my lane.

Why would I care if anyone's impressed? I do it because it's fun and I'm sensible enough to know when is the right and wrong time to do so.

Slightly faster? Most cars you see about can't even hit 60 in under 10s and struggle even more above 60. Personally, I don't feel comfortable with some young inexperienced driver taking a good 20 seconds overtaking me on single carriageway.

If you want to talk about pace, the ST is exceptional on winedy (fun) roads and can easily embarrass a lot of the more powerful cars out there.

Point is, be a smart ass when you have a better, safer driving record than me 😉
(edited 6 years ago)

The thing is, if you're being overtaken by a 1.2 corsa, you should have been going faster in the first place. I find this especially true when people come off roundabouts, and they instantly stick it in 5th/6th at 30mph. Bhp/torque means absolutely nothing if you're not gonna use it. I might be in 2nd gear at 25mph, you might be in 6th gear at 25mph, the 1.2 corsa is gonna have more torque. People with bigger engines tend to be more careful with fuel economy (because they have to), but when you have a small engine you can guarantee you're gonna get at least 35mpg in a petrol driving like Lewis Hamilton. So what's the problem in younger drivers having fun?
That's a lot of bitterness from you. As I have said previously, I have had 0 accidents, 0 warnings from police, 0 points and I've driven over 100k miles.

Why would I care if anyone's impressed? I do it because it's fun and I'm sensible enough to know when is the right and wrong time to do so.

Slightly faster? Most cars you see about can't even hit 60 in under 10s and struggle even more above 60 that. Personally, I don't feel comfortable with some young inexperienced driver taking a good 20 seconds overtaking me on single carriageway.

If you want to talk about pace, the ST is exceptional on winedy (fun) roads and can easily embarrass a lot of the more powerful cars out there.

Point is, be a smart ass when you have a better driving record than me. I'l

You actually think 100k miles is a lot? :lol: cute.

I've driven much more than you and also had 0 points, 0 cautions and 0 incidents yet I've driven like an absolute tit plenty of times. It proves nothing.

You car isn't fast. It's a cute toy for teenagers and girls who want to feel like they're driving fast. Nothing wrong with that.

Quick Reply

Latest