The Student Room Group

Law work experience !!?

I am currently in year 12 and have been looking for work experience at law firms although i have applied to many schemes I keep getting rejected as I am not on free school meals although both of my parents didnt go to uni however I'm still at a disadvantage.

is there any other way I could get experience perhaps in a court sitting in at trials ? if so, how would i contact them ? etc.
Original post by mem123
I am currently in year 12 and have been looking for work experience at law firms although i have applied to many schemes I keep getting rejected as I am not on free school meals although both of my parents didnt go to uni however I'm still at a disadvantage.

is there any other way I could get experience perhaps in a court sitting in at trials ? if so, how would i contact them ? etc.

Dont just apply for official schemes. Do your parents have any contacts?

Just apply to a range of firms in your area plus any other places like courts or companies with legal departments. You dont really need work experience for uni. You could also try the courts, citizens advice, the CPS and local government.
Reply 2
Original post by mem123

Courts often have public viewings which means you can sit through and watch a case in action. Alternatively, you could just contact law firms directly and ask them if they can arrange some work experience for you in the school holidays.
Original post by mem123

Have you tried looking at work experience offered by prime? Try to apply to seo scholars too
yeah I had some free time last year and just emailed all the firms in the local area about 40 mind and chances one will say yes okay we’ll give u a couple weeks experience
Original post by mem123

As previously suggested, don't just apply for official schemes.

I'm sure smaller law firms can give you an opportunity to learn in their office?

Also make 'Speculative Applications' to other firms to see if they can offer any kind of short term internship/work experience. I did this when I was looking for work experience during university and it worked 95% of the time. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending