University of London International Programmes LLM??? How to study?!?

Watch this thread
JuguJustice
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Okay so I’ve been stuck like other students on how to pass my llm exams. The study guides, articles and stuff are not really helpful. I can’t find much information online or the library. This is a selfstudy program with no real support or tutorials. Can anyone tell me or advise me what I can do? There’s only llb groups over on FB so I feel stuck...Not really getting a response from other students either...
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
siroma
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JuguJustice)
Okay so I’ve been stuck like other students on how to pass my llm exams. The study guides, articles and stuff are not really helpful. I can’t find much information online or the library. This is a selfstudy program with no real support or tutorials. Can anyone tell me or advise me what I can do? There’s only llb groups over on FB so I feel stuck...Not really getting a response from other students either...
Hello, I signed up to study the LLM via UoL International programmes. What courses did you register for? When did you register? I passed 3 bachelor-level self-study subjects with UoL. My suggestions for you:
1. Do not panic, you have 5 years to complete the degree;.
2. Learning includes: lecturer videos; study guide, updates; textbooks, articles, and research about your country's laws;
3. Look at Youtube: Toby Boyd's video on making a study plan and the study resources;
4. Visit the Student Forum on the VLE, introduce yourself and ask if anyone else is doing your courses;
5. Choose one (1) course to start studying;
6. Start with Study Guide for Module A (it is suggested 150 hours per module);
7. Gather all the materials for the module;
8. Look at the "Learning Outcomes" - what you are expected to learn from the module or chapters;
9. Read the first chapter and take notes in your own words;
10. Think about information in the chapter and find examples of laws from your country;
11. Use the headings in the chapter as headings in your notes (and flash cards);
11. After reading the first chapter, read the essential readings and other readings and take notes and find examples from your country;
13. Learn the terms and the beliefs and theories of the main legal persons;
14. Practice with the learning activities to ensure you learned the "Learning Outcomes" as self-assessment;
15. Repeat Steps 7 to 14 for Modules B-D and then move on to another course.
15. You may choose to do the practice exam questions after completing the chapter or at the end of the module;
16. During practice, do the questions twice: first with the book open and then with the book closed to test yourself;
17. After the practice, look at the feedback section at the end of the chapter;
18. You can download past papers and examiner's reports from the VLE.

I hope this helps. If you need further advice, do not hesitate to post.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
27.63%
As I expected (23)
30.26%
Harder (28)
36.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.26%

Watched Threads