The Student Room Group
The University of Gloucestershire
University of Gloucestershire
Cheltenham
Visit website

University of Gloucestershire- Unsure??

Hi
Im thinking of studying at the University of Gloucestershire as I have recieved an unconditional offer. However I couldnt attend the open day. My course is Sports Strength and Conditioning (on the Main Campus in Cheltenham I believe?)
If anyone could help with the following it would be much appreciated:
The Course
The Sports Facilities (I like to go to the gym often so any help here would be appreciated)
Accomadation (Im on a lower budget so any help there would be nice)
Nightlife

Thanks
I’ve applied to film production there and the campus is really nice and chilled accommodation wasn’t that cheap the on campus accommodation is older and really handy for school buildings but not as nice as the off campus pittville site which is really modern and opened in the last few years worth a visit before you accept the offer just to be sure but is was nice and Cheltenham looked nice too hope this helped x
The University of Gloucestershire
University of Gloucestershire
Cheltenham
Visit website
Hi @JBNK5, thanks for leaving this message! My name is Lesley and I'm a former Uni of Glos student, and I now work for the university. Great to hear you're interested in our Sports Strength and Conditioning course! This course is based on our Oxstalls Campus, in Gloucester - ideal for you as this is also where you'll find our gym (which is subsidised so will be cheaper than other gyms), a wide range of student accommodation and an Students' Union bar and refectory, for cheap drinks and snacks throughout the day.

We've also got an awesome new sports center opening in September 2018, so it's a great time to join this campus! You can check out what the new facilities will look like in this video. The strength and conditioning team have some fantastic purpose-built facilities already which you could come and see at an open day - the heat chamber is always a popular part of the tour! What is it that interests you in this course?

We have a range of accommodation in Gloucester, which means that you can choose something to suit your budget - plus we can advise on finding private accommodation if you prefer not to move into halls of residence. We have brand new halls of res coming to Gloucester in September 2018 (which you can find out more about here), or you can check out the current prices for all our accommodation on our website.

Both Cheltenham and Gloucester are small enough that you can get around easily (public transport is frequent and cheap when you show your student card!) but big enough to have lots of nightlife and lots to do - whether you prefer a drink and some live music (there are loads of great music festivals the whole year round including 2000 Trees and Wychwood) or sports (Kingsholm in Gloucester is home to the Gloucester rugby team plus we have an indoor climbing centre and dry ski slope nearby!). Plus Gloucester Quay's shopping centre has loads of retail outlets, bars, restaurants and a cinema.

I hope some of this is helpful! Have you visited us at all? Can you imagine yourself studying here?

Original post by JBNK5
Hi
Im thinking of studying at the University of Gloucestershire as I have recieved an unconditional offer. However I couldnt attend the open day. My course is Sports Strength and Conditioning (on the Main Campus in Cheltenham I believe?)
If anyone could help with the following it would be much appreciated:
The Course
The Sports Facilities (I like to go to the gym often so any help here would be appreciated)
Accomadation (Im on a lower budget so any help there would be nice)
Nightlife

Thanks
Reply 3
I self funded with the expectation to do the MSc psychology in the minimum registration period. My supervisors were so over stretched, under so many demands which meant waiting periods. The month waiting periods were accumulative and conflicted with the registration timescale and fee liability. The research faculty also kept me waiting for months. The poor supervision and accountability in place meant lots of waiting which crunched me into the maximum registration period. They are very clever to draw the process out so that it appears to be in your best interest, when actually the drawing out means more money for them. If your supervisors convince you that taking a long time is necessary for your research, it is more than likely it is better for them because of their poor skills in time and priority management. If the research faculty is frequently unavailable or on annual leave for the whole summer, please don't let it affect you. You will obvioulsy just need to re-enrol and pay more fees because you have invested so much. But you might not even realise since its so cleverly concealed. Trust your intuition if you want to get ahead but feel stopped. You will pay the price not them. Contribute to student debt!!

Quick Reply

Latest