The Student Room Group

Wjec eduquas religious studies a level new spec

Anyone studying the new spec for wjec/eduquas a level religious studies?? I have all 3 exams- Christianity, Philosophy and Ethics this year and I have no idea how to revise because there is SO MUCH content!! Anyone got any tips?
I’m in the same boat, but I do Hinduism. I literally just revise the backbone of my essays! I have my ethics mock coming up, so at least I’d have already learnt all of Ethics. For Hinduism, I just learn quotes and content, I make them up in the exam- it worked well for me last year though. So, pretty much doing the same. If you count how many essays you have to learn- I recommend 2 a day for however many days you have to learn them before the exam, and then a couple days spare to go over them. Hope this helps!!
Okay thank you!! I will try and do that but I just have such a shite memory. I surely can’t be the only one who think thus whole spec is just so stupid tho like I have never had to revise so much stuff and then only have to answer two questions in the exam!!!
If you just keep going over them again and again and again it will eventually stick- you’ll be surprised about how much you actually know!
Original post by alicewxnderland
Anyone studying the new spec for wjec/eduquas a level religious studies?? I have all 3 exams- Christianity, Philosophy and Ethics this year and I have no idea how to revise because there is SO MUCH content!! Anyone got any tips?

How are you doing without the A2 books being released yet? I’m finding it such a struggles as the ethics one doesn’t even get released until late April. It’s an absolute nightmare I’m so worried for the exam 😩
Awful! I just don’t have the brain capacity to retain all that content! I know it’s a joke really- hopefully after our year has done it they’ll realise how hard the spec is and change it. Just means we’ll have to suffer for it😩
Original post by alicewxnderland

I'm doing the same spec too and I'm seriously starting to panic now haha... Has anyone else not started revision yet? There's so much to get through I'm proper worried I've left it too late. Really don't know how to get through all the content.
Original post by daanismith
I'm doing the same spec too and I'm seriously starting to panic now haha... Has anyone else not started revision yet? There's so much to get through I'm proper worried I've left it too late. Really don't know how to get through all the content.

i've done a bit of revision now but not enough! i have to get at least a B to get into my first choice and so far i haven't gone above a D!!! I'm just counting on low grade boundaries bc thats the only thing that might get me through

Quick Reply