Thoughts on Logal Paul's actions?

Watch this thread
omgitsstella
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
As probably majority are aware of (this is my opinion) Jake Paul's disgusting actions I was just wondering everyone else's thoughts?

Mine are that what he has done is simply so inhumane and disrespectful it's sickening youtube even left this on for less than 30 minutes. It's vile behaviour from someone who simply posted a video for views when as he said in his "apology" tweet, that he already gets thousands if not millions of views. It's not as if he would be strapped for cash if one video wasn't posted.
And what sickens me further is some of his fans are sticking up for him and young children who are easily influenced are being brainwashed to think posting things like this is okay, and thinking it's okay to make jokes like this.

I will give it to him everyone copes differently with something as traumatic like that, some people's only reaction is to laugh, i've seen it before. But there is a difference between laughing purely as a reaction and laughing because you've made a joke.

This is not a joke.
Thoughts?
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
I thought it was a bit insensitive but I've seen far, far worse on the internet.

In short, I don't really care that much.
Persona5
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
He's a vile human being. Filming and uploading videos take a while. He had plenty of time to realise what he was doing was wrong. It wouldn't surprise me if he was making money from his apology video as well.
mygcserevision
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
He seemed genuinely sad though in his apology and he's quite immature in general so no-one should really take offence.
4n0nymous
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Absolutely despicable.What an attention seeker; what people do for attention is infinte.
Princessgem
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Yeah he's a ******** legit
Kvothe the Arcane
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I was surprised at the amount of vitriol he received. I suppose it's mainly because of his merch plugging and humorous tone throughout other parts of the video.
PossiblyNotGod
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
He's an *******. Especially for uploading it afterward.
LRxS
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I don’t think he should be getting quite as much flak for filming it & his actual reaction as he is - yes it was disrespectful but he was probably absolutely shocked & people react in funny ways.

However, he absolutely should be getting more sh*t than he is for DECIDING TO UPLOAD THE VIDEO. That takes time. He would’ve KNOWN it was wrong by the time it was ready but he reckoned he’d get money or publicity (which he has!) off it.

His channel should be suspended at the very very least.
Allie4
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
He deserves all the hate he is getting...

What I'm more curious to know is how his group of people - out of all the people who were there and that could have been the first to find the dead body - managed to find the body first

I mean I could kind of understand why there were originally rumours of it being 'fake' going around. By no means do I believe that it is fake but I do question how they of all people managed to be there first.

Firstly I wanna know where the locality of the body was, seemed as if they have been walking for a while so the deceased man had gone far out and naturally the acre of the forest looks pretty large scale, as most forests tend to be. So finding someone there would be like searching for a needle in a haystack. However according to online sources the forest is apparently manned by people whose job it is to trawl the place on a daily basis to make sure there are no bodies hanging. Which is understandable given that its not only a popular destination for people to take their lives but also a lot of families tend to visit the forest with their children (as seen in Logan's video) so naturally the last thing these kids need to see is a body hanging from a tree. All the kids were walking in one direction yet Logan and his gang emerged from the place from a different angle. Are we really meant to believe that it was by chance that him and his crew happened to be walking around for hours and just so happened to be the first people to stumble across the body... on the very day that they decided to visit the suicide forest to see if they could spot a dead body?

Therefore who can blame people for calling it fake, especially when YouTubers are famous for setting up fake pranks

But like I said, the body did seem very real. which leads me to have a bit of a far-fetched theory...

what if, rather than it being fake, the whole thing was paid off. say the (no doubt very wealthy) YouTuber asked someone to contact them if they ever spotted a dead body so that they could be there to film it for the views. I mean like i said, sounds far fetched but definitely very plausible. it seemed as if they knew what they were walking towards. and they seemed pretty hyped up for it on the way there. the same way a tornado chaser would be hyped up if they knew there was a tornado happening for them to chase...

hell call me someone who reads too much into things but its the behaviour and body language of all the people who were there - as well as the painfully fake acting by him and his friends - i don't believe for a second that this just happened by chance. i think they KNEW they were on their way to film a dead body. just my two cents
Nerry
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Allie4)
He deserves all the hate he is getting...

What I'm more curious to know is how his group of people - out of all the people who were there and that could have been the first to find the dead body - managed to find the body first

I mean I could kind of understand why there were originally rumours of it being 'fake' going around. By no means do I believe that it is fake but I do question how they of all people managed to be there first.

Firstly I wanna know where the locality of the body was, seemed as if they have been walking for a while so the deceased man had gone far out and naturally the acre of the forest looks pretty large scale, as most forests tend to be. So finding someone there would be like searching for a needle in a haystack. However according to online sources the forest is apparently manned by people whose job it is to trawl the place on a daily basis to make sure there are no bodies hanging. Which is understandable given that its not only a popular destination for people to take their lives but also a lot of families tend to visit the forest with their children (as seen in Logan's video) so naturally the last thing these kids need to see is a body hanging from a tree. All the kids were walking in one direction yet Logan and his gang emerged from the place from a different angle. Are we really meant to believe that it was by chance that him and his crew happened to be walking around for hours and just so happened to be the first people to stumble across the body... on the very day that they decided to visit the suicide forest to see if they could spot a dead body?

Therefore who can blame people for calling it fake, especially when YouTubers are famous for setting up fake pranks

But like I said, the body did seem very real. which leads me to have a bit of a far-fetched theory...

what if, rather than it being fake, the whole thing was paid off. say the (no doubt very wealthy) YouTuber asked someone to contact them if they ever spotted a dead body so that they could be there to film it for the views. I mean like i said, sounds far fetched but definitely very plausible. it seemed as if they knew what they were walking towards. and they seemed pretty hyped up for it on the way there. the same way a tornado chaser would be hyped up if they knew there was a tornado happening for them to chase...

hell call me someone who reads too much into things but its the behaviour and body language of all the people who were there - as well as the painfully fake acting by him and his friends - i don't believe for a second that this just happened by chance. i think they KNEW they were on their way to film a dead body. just my two cents
hmm interesting theory... :curious:
username2950448
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
No idea who the hell he is. What is he famous for?
Flower_123
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I used to watch Logan paul, as I thought he was the better brother out of the Paul’s. However I do not think that it is acceptable to even post the video let alone go into that forest. I get that he laughs to deal with it. Fine. But why on earth would u film the dead body? To me that’s just so disrespectful. Yeah fair enough they blurred the face, but they shouldn’t have even got that close that they had to blur in the first place. This is terrible for kids to watch. Kids see him as an idol. And this is not setting a good example of anything. He may not have thought this through, but it is common sense to think that posting a video which contains such discomfort for people to watch and children to see is unacceptable! If he wants to make a proper awareness video. He should do one seperartely and make it clear/set up some sort of campaign..
yungaheartz
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Wanna hear some more conspiracy theories - trending at no1 on YouTube is Justin Timberlakes new song Introducing The Man in the Woods

Eerie or just bad timing?

So now people are thinking Logan Paul cleverly planned this to promote his song
Hey, you never know...
Know Your Enemy
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I know laughing is sometimes a reaction to a traumatic experience but even if that was his reaction (which it clearly wasn't) he was knowingly going to Agiogahara and he knew there would be hanging bodies there so what the hell was he expecting to see? If you're going to visit for morbid curiosity, at least don't film yourself doing so.

Not once in his apology did he apologise to the victim's family (who could've seen that video, for all we know). His apology was all "me, me, me" and claiming he did it for mental health awareness? Yeah, right! Even with his immaturity, he knows there are far more sensible ways to raise awareness. That's just his feeble attempt to justify what he's done.

I don't know what's worse: him, YouTube for putting the video in trending even though he's made the body the thumbnail, or the fact that his fans are STILL defending him after all this.
username1799249
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I think his reaction was pretty human to be honest. I would have probably giggled and made jokes to distract how I was actually feeling. His mistake was to then publish his video.

That said, it is a storm in a tea-cup. His world has no doubt imploded, but the sun is still rising in the East.
AltRightMan
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Never heard of him until now so maybe he did it to gain fame.
SmileyVibe
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I seen countless videos of Youtubers and news channels express the same thing and bashing him. It's unnecessary. People do not need to make over 100+ videos just to do that. What he did was wrong and I get that. I'm not excusing his behavior. He made he two apologies and took the video down. He already posted the video online on the internet. What was said was said and what was done was done. There is nothing he can do about it now other than to apologize. I watched videos of celebrities and Youtubers suggesting he is beyond forgiveness. What he did was stupid and insensitive but he is not the only person to have done something stupid and insensitive. No person has that much power to decide who is allowed to be forgiven and whose not. I like to mention he had not killed anyone nor harmed anyone physically. Not saying what he did was not wrong but to have news report this and celebrities bash him and tell him he's terrible person and he should die is not right either.
GPiph
Badges: 16
Report 4 years ago
I watched the video and didn't understand the fuss.
Just my opinion
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AltRightMan)
Never heard of him until now so maybe he did it to gain fame.

Me neither until about 6 MTHS ago when my daughter showed me his channel.
I doubt he did it for the fame as his channel already has 15m plus subscribers and he is on over $100,000+ a month with a wealth of over $10m.
As far as I can see the vast majority of his subscribers, preteens and teens, are standing by him.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (7)
36.84%
They're exactly what I expected (4)
21.05%