Prana2002
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi!

Happy belated new year everybody! 2018! The thought of doing my first ever GCSE this yera has finally hit me and I need to do something about it! I've never done GYG before! I hope it goes well!

Currently, I'm not on target for english language or literature! P.E - I'm a 6 - I'm not a sporty person as you can see! I'm a 7 in biology, a 8 in physics as well as geography and a 9 in maths, chemistry, R.S and Latin. My goal is to try and attain a 8 or more in English - I hate analysing!

I've actually started! Instead of just reading forums abour other people improving their grades and trying to get in with the happiness, I've decided to be provoactive! Throughout my Christmas half term, instead of watching TV shows I don't even like and feasting on the chocolate (okay, i did eat a bit of chocolate), I've been practising writing essays and past paper questions for science and mass. As well as that, I'm using resources from my school to prepare for lessons before hand!

I'm just hoping that after school starts and we get back to doing actual lessons instead of watching Christmas films, I won't give up!

Bye for now!
Fox Corner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Pravi29)
Hi!

Happy belated new year everybody! 2018! The thought of doing my first ever GCSE this yera has finally hit me and I need to do something about it! I've never done GYG before! I hope it goes well!

Currently, I'm not on target for english language or literature! P.E - I'm a 6 - I'm not a sporty person as you can see! I'm a 7 in biology, a 8 in physics as well as geography and a 9 in maths, chemistry, R.S and Latin. My goal is to try and attain a 8 or more in English - I hate analysing!

I've actually started! Instead of just reading forums abour other people improving their grades and trying to get in with the happiness, I've decided to be provoactive! Throughout my Christmas half term, instead of watching TV shows I don't even like and feasting on the chocolate (okay, i did eat a bit of chocolate), I've been practising writing essays and past paper questions for science and mass. As well as that, I'm using resources from my school to prepare for lessons before hand!

I'm just hoping that after school starts and we get back to doing actual lessons instead of watching Christmas films, I won't give up!

Bye for now!
Hi, welcome to Grow Your Grades! Sounds like you've got revision sorted :yy: How's it all going?
Prana2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fox Corner)
Hi, welcome to Grow Your Grades! Sounds like you've got revision sorted :yy: How's it all going?
I've sorted out a timetbable of revision and am now doing steps to improve in my English literature.
Prana2002
Rep:
?
Hi! Throughout the weeks, I practised wriitng essays for Romeo and Juliet and I'm happy to announce, I have improved! I'm now a level 7 however I need to focus more on my analysis of structure. For that, I am learning new terminology and trying to relate it to different parts in the text!
Prana2002
Rep:
?
Hi, guys!

It's half term! No school for a week! However, I do have a Maths exam on the first day back!

Recently, I did a test and I got the most marks out of the class! I was quite relieved as I had procrastinated the day before and revised for the hour before the test.

I'm also revising and learning extra French vocabulary from Memrise just to have some new vocabulary in my orals which are after the half term.
Right now, my main focus is on English. Out of my essays I have published on forums, I have received mixed grades - most being around 6-7 and one 4. My assessors have also very kindly given me improvement points which are helpful.
Prana2002
Rep:
?
Hi!

Half term is nearly over and I'm going to get bombarded with exams and homework again.

Today I revised:

Latin

I woke up early - which is 8:30am for me - and did some translations and marked it. I also practised the future and the cases by writing them out on paper.

Engineering

We're doing a BTEC level 2 Diploma and we are still doing coursework so I checkout some specimen papers on teh BTEC websites and was relieved to see the Unit 1 pper which is about Engineering principles is based around maths and science! Phew! Especially as I know most of the equations and the first question was to draw a linear graph.

English

I felt a rush of inspiration and instead of procrastinating, I wrote a short 'An Inspector Calls Essay'. On most of my essays I have asked to bemarked on TSR, I've achieved 6s and some sevenes so I tried to used the feedback given to me by my assessor to improve my essay.

I'm taking a break now and at around 3pm, I'm going to revisisse some science.
mez_merising
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hey im a fellow english-hater. how are you revising? i absolutely despise writing essays and find analysis pointless, so literally anything would be good right now
Prana2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by mez_merising)
hey im a fellow english-hater. how are you revising? i absolutely despise writing essays and find analysis pointless, so literally anything would be good right now
English language - don't even get me started I literally stare at the clock all lesson and essay writing - I just don't understand it. I'm trying to revise but I am making slow progress -but progress is good. I'm doing practise questions and trying to learn quotes. What about you?
Prana2002
Rep:
?
Hello - again!

I also revised:

Chemsistry

I did a pack of questions of chemical reactions.

French

I answered a French writing quesn just to make sure I didn't forget too much French during the holidays!

English Language

And wait for it ... I did a practise English paper 1 and paper 2. Most of my focus has been on literature and at school we have not done much lanuage work so this was a good practise.
mez_merising
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Pravi29)
English language - don't even get me started I literally stare at the clock all lesson and essay writing - I just don't understand it. I'm trying to revise but I am making slow progress -but progress is good. I'm doing practise questions and trying to learn quotes. What about you?
it’s so bad that I haven’t even touched English revision. my teacher is no help so I’ve bought all the revision guides
Prana2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by mez_merising)
it’s so bad that I haven’t even touched English revision. my teacher is no help so I’ve bought all the revision guides
Prana2002
Rep:
?
Hi" I'm back! We got our maths test results and I got 100%.

Currently, I'm revising:

English

So at school we a practising how to answer questions of English Paper 2 Writer's viewpoints and perspectives. We've gone through question 1 and 2 and missed part of the lesson. I am doing some practise question 1 and 2s and I'm starting to make my own methods to answering these questions as well as using the tips my teacher provided me with.
Prana2002
Rep:
?
Yes! Finally a snow day. Usually, I'd just sleep in and wtach TV but not thi time. Our school sent us emails telling us it would be good if we mad ethe most fo this time with independent study. Today I would have had Maths, R.S, Chemistry, French and Goegraphy.

Maths

Here, I recapped on topics and did some questions from the textbooks like we do at school.

RS

I made some revision notes on miracles in Christianity and Islam. The online textbook whicch the school doesn't us emuch is very useful.

Chemistry

Today, we would have started a new topic - Energy changes. We had a test on Monday and haven't got it back. WE should have today but Snowmageddon! I did worksheets - we get all the worksheets at the beginning of the topic and learnt about the topic.

French

I used the online textbook to rveise the new vocabularly and new grammar points. I also did some Memrise.
Geography

We're having a geography tets on Tuesday on dynmaic development so I did some revision for that. Our teacher also told us to do some questions about the snowpocalypse!

It's so cold!
Prana2002
Rep:
?
I should be doing a paper for dance right now but class was cancelled so I decided to do English . I felt really motivated because tomorrow we don't have normal lesson as eveyrbody else is doing D of E and so I decided to write an essay about Inspector calls as it is coming on the End of Year Paper three weeks aftre the Esater holidays and my Lating GCSE is coming up in 72 days. My first ever GCSE!

Bye for now!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (587)
34.13%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (710)
41.28%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (344)
20%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.59%

Watched Threads