The Student Room Group

Need help deciding what uni to go to

Hi everyone I really need some help deciding on what uni to go to. I want to study business and can't decide which of my 5 to make my firm choice. I picked:
City of London
Surrey
Birmingham
Brunel
Royal Holloway.
Any help on picks would be appreciated thanks
I imagine you will have some instinct as to where to go. If there are any that you picture yourself at and aren't particularly excited by, you can probably cross those off. Are you struggling because you like them all a lot or because you're not a huge fan of any of them.

First and foremost, which course do you like best? Then, can you imagine yourself living in that city? How's the social life? And, importantly, are your grades likely to get you there on results day?

If you're really stuck try listing your unis and rating them all one to ten on how much you like each bit of them- course, accommodation, facilities etc etc. I did this to confirm what I thought I knew about where I wanted to go, and it was all very affirming.

Best of luck!
what happened to oxbridge
Reply 3
Original post by Sports10
what happened to oxbridge

I don't do maths.

Also I've narrowed it down to Surrey and city of London but can't decide which I prefer
Original post by Matty001
I don't do maths.

Also I've narrowed it down to Surrey and city of London but can't decide which I prefer

Do either offer a year in industry?
Reply 5
Original post by ageshallnot
Do either offer a year in industry?

Yep they all do
Yep they all do

Have you visited? Would you prefer to live in London or Guildford?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't do maths.

a* students do maths
i should know
all people with maths know and their minds they grow
Reply 8
Honestly on your narrowed down choices your down to Guilford(quick 1 hour to london whenever you want) and COL which is in the city so practically a global city environment. one thing I enjoy doing it watching youtube university student vlogs to get an insight into the life there. Please look at the modules for your course at each uni and what you can see yourself choosing and enjoying. researching more into accommodation and student social life at the unis may help you realise you prefer one over the other :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending