Icypricy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’m in year 12 and I’m doing chemistry OCR A and I’m not sure if my class is behind compared to other classes because my friends say that we are.

We have learnt up to the stuff about ionisation energies / metallic bonding.

How much have your class covered of the spec? (Specifically AS\year 1) or if your in year 13/year 2 how much had you learnt by beginning of January when you were in year 12?
KeepItUnreal
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Icypricy)
I’m in year 12 and I’m doing chemistry OCR A and I’m not sure if my class is behind compared to other classes because my friends say that we are.

How much have your class covered of the spec? (Specifically AS\year 1) or if your in year 13/year 2 how much had you learnt by beginning of January when you were in year 12?
Yeah, you're way behind. My class finished kinematics by december. Now its just depth.
username1986099
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Icypricy)

We’ve done the majority of the second module so far.

Here’s a list of what we’ve covered if it’s of any help:
- atomic structure and isotopes
- compounds formulae and equations
- amounts of substance (moles, ideal gas and determination of formula)
- Acids
- electron structure
- bonding and structure (including ionic, covalent, metallic and intermolecular forces)
- test for ions
Icypricy
Rep:
?
(Original post by danielwinstanley)
We’ve done the majority of the second module so far.

Here’s a list of what we’ve covered if it’s of any help:
- atomic structure and isotopes
- compounds formulae and equations
- amounts of substance (moles, ideal gas and determination of formula)
- Acids
- electron structure
- bonding and structure (including ionic, covalent, metallic and intermolecular forces)
- test for ions
Thanks! That’s kind of put me at ease as my class has not done any of the intermolecular forces stuff yet but I’ve self taught myself those topics anyway but we had done some of the second module stuff such as intermolecular forces and metallic bonding.
Icypricy
Rep:
?
(Original post by KeepItUnreal)
Yeah, you're way behind. My class finished kinematics by december. Now its just depth.
That’s so fast!! We’ve been sooo slow we keep going back to do moles because our teacher thinks we can’t do them - he’s new he has taken over my previous chemistry teacher but we already know how to work them out
Pigster
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
We teach in a bit of a funny order.

So far we've done:

1 2.1.2. Compounds, formulae, equations2 2.1.1. Atomic structure and isotopes3 2.2.1. Electronic structure4 2.1.3. Amount of substance5 2.2.2. Bonding and structure6 3.1.1. (d) – (f) Metallic bonding, giant covalent lattices, physical properties of giant structures7 3.1.1. (a) - (c); (g) Periodicity8 2.1.5. Redox9 2.1.4. Acids10 3.1.2. Group 211 3.1.3. Halogens12 3.1.4. Qualitative analysis13 4.1.1. Basic concepts of organic chemistry14 4.1.2. Alkanes15 4.1.3. Alkenes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (175)
46.17%
Take exams next summer (56)
14.78%
Change uni choice through clearing (89)
23.48%
Apply to uni next year instead (41)
10.82%
I'm not applying to university (18)
4.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise