Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’m in year 12 and I’m doing chemistry OCR A and I’m not sure if my class is behind compared to other classes because my friends say that we are.

We have learnt up to the stuff about ionisation energies / metallic bonding.

How much have your class covered of the spec? (Specifically AS\year 1) or if your in year 13/year 2 how much had you learnt by beginning of January when you were in year 12?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icypricy)
    I’m in year 12 and I’m doing chemistry OCR A and I’m not sure if my class is behind compared to other classes because my friends say that we are.

How much have your class covered of the spec? (Specifically AS\year 1) or if your in year 13/year 2 how much had you learnt by beginning of January when you were in year 12?
    Yeah, you're way behind. My class finished kinematics by december. Now its just depth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icypricy)

We’ve done the majority of the second module so far.

Here’s a list of what we’ve covered if it’s of any help:
    - atomic structure and isotopes
    - compounds formulae and equations
    - amounts of substance (moles, ideal gas and determination of formula)
    - Acids
    - electron structure
    - bonding and structure (including ionic, covalent, metallic and intermolecular forces)
    - test for ions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielwinstanley)
    We’ve done the majority of the second module so far.

Here’s a list of what we’ve covered if it’s of any help:
    - atomic structure and isotopes
    - compounds formulae and equations
    - amounts of substance (moles, ideal gas and determination of formula)
    - Acids
    - electron structure
    - bonding and structure (including ionic, covalent, metallic and intermolecular forces)
    - test for ions
    Thanks! That’s kind of put me at ease as my class has not done any of the intermolecular forces stuff yet but I’ve self taught myself those topics anyway but we had done some of the second module stuff such as intermolecular forces and metallic bonding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeepItUnreal)
    Yeah, you're way behind. My class finished kinematics by december. Now its just depth.
    That’s so fast!! We’ve been sooo slow we keep going back to do moles because our teacher thinks we can’t do them - he’s new he has taken over my previous chemistry teacher but we already know how to work them out

ReputationRep:
    We teach in a bit of a funny order.

So far we've done:

1 2.1.2. Compounds, formulae, equations2 2.1.1. Atomic structure and isotopes3 2.2.1. Electronic structure4 2.1.3. Amount of substance5 2.2.2. Bonding and structure6 3.1.1. (d) – (f) Metallic bonding, giant covalent lattices, physical properties of giant structures7 3.1.1. (a) - (c); (g) Periodicity8 2.1.5. Redox9 2.1.4. Acids10 3.1.2. Group 211 3.1.3. Halogens12 3.1.4. Qualitative analysis13 4.1.1. Basic concepts of organic chemistry14 4.1.2. Alkanes15 4.1.3. Alkenes

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 3, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.