_HS
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hi guys
I'm currently doing the OCR english literature course and the texts we are doing are Duchess of Malfi, Paradise Lost, The Tempest, Great Gatsby and the Grapes of Wrath. I am really struggling to get above 23/30 in my essays especially the Duchess/Paradise lost and Grapes/Gatsby comparisons ones. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong and how I am able to access those higher marks. Please could anyone give me some tips or advice on how to improve? Like is there a structure that I could follow maybe? Many thankss
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by _HS)
hi guys
I'm currently doing the OCR english literature course and the texts we are doing are Duchess of Malfi, Paradise Lost, The Tempest, Great Gatsby and the Grapes of Wrath. I am really struggling to get above 23/30 in my essays especially the Duchess/Paradise lost and Grapes/Gatsby comparisons ones. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong and how I am able to access those higher marks. Please could anyone give me some tips or advice on how to improve? Like is there a structure that I could follow maybe? Many thankss
http://mrbruff.com/product/mr-bruffs...re-ebook-copy/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iI_...sue8wXQU8goGt_
filmaker
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by _HS)
hi guys
since we dont know what your essays are like arrange a meeting with your teacher maybe after every essay and ask for more specific improvements on how to get to the next level. make sure you actually rewrite the improvements and if the teachers willing to remark it get that done so you can keep moving up the essay to the highest grade you can then use it as reference in your next essays in terms of structure
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (145)
24.37%
Pop (145)
24.37%
Jazz (26)
4.37%
Classical (34)
5.71%
Hip-Hop (104)
17.48%
Electronic (42)
7.06%
Indie (99)
16.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise