This discussion is closed.
AMIN1995
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’ve recently taken my interview assessment for the LPC and I’m really worried, I was competent in my mock and was really happy how that went. But the real interview just felt like a car crash... greeting and preliminaries were fine but my nerves got the better of me whilst asking questions... my mind went blank and I froze! I managed to ask a few questions and then he almost prodded me onto advice! But I knew I had to summarise first so I quickly summarised and went into advise (which was definitely not the best but I think it was ok) my main concern is the fact that my questions were spread out in between LONG pauses I obviously couldn’t think of anything to ask. I closed well and discussed next steps (although there wasn’t much to do!) and that was it. Has anyone else had this happen? I was shaking and I feel like I completely broke rapport in the middle.. hoping someone can calm me down because I’m really worried I’ve failed! I know keeping rapport is really important and I feel like my nerves almost certainly lowered the tone!!!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AMIN1995)
I’ve recently taken my interview assessment for the LPC and I’m really worried, I was competent in my mock and was really happy how that went. But the real interview just felt like a car crash... greeting and preliminaries were fine but my nerves got the better of me whilst asking questions... my mind went blank and I froze! I managed to ask a few questions and then he almost prodded me onto advice! But I knew I had to summarise first so I quickly summarised and went into advise (which was definitely not the best but I think it was ok) my main concern is the fact that my questions were spread out in between LONG pauses I obviously couldn’t think of anything to ask. I closed well and discussed next steps (although there wasn’t much to do!) and that was it. Has anyone else had this happen? I was shaking and I feel like I completely broke rapport in the middle.. hoping someone can calm me down because I’m really worried I’ve failed! I know keeping rapport is really important and I feel like my nerves almost certainly lowered the tone!!!
As you say you are a natural worrier. Its sometimes hard to guess your own performance. It is done now and you cant change anything.

You appear to have done ok at the beginning and at the end, bit succumbed to nerves in the middle where you need to get the information and do some of your client handling skills.

I cant say either way, but the examiners are experienced and they may take into account either your nerves . If it doesnt turn out ok then just resit. Not as though you have any choice. If there are any other similar assessment parts then do practice as that reduces nerves. GL.
username1068318
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi, did you pass in the end?

I have the exact same concerns!
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by oball222)
Hi, did you pass in the end?

I have the exact same concerns!
Thread closed for being a year old
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (104)
60.82%
No (67)
39.18%

Watched Threads