The Student Room Group

CRISPR and Cancer immunology

Hi :smile:

I am currently studying my A-levels (Biology, Chemistry and Computing) and am very interested in the emerging techniques for immunotherapy (the use of genetic modification using CRISPR). I don't know if anyone has heard of it before but I am really interested in the research. I would like to go into a career in this in the future but do not know what career path I would need to choose and how to get there in order to work in this field. If anyone knows about this, please could they give me some insight? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Sam_C_

I am currently studying my A-levels (Biology, Chemistry and Computing) and am very interested in the emerging techniques for immunotherapy (the use of genetic modification using CRISPR). I don't know if anyone has heard of it before but I am really interested in the research. I would like to go into a career in this in the future but do not know what career path I would need to choose and how to get there in order to work in this field. If anyone knows about this, please could they give me some insight? Thanks :smile:

CRISPR has been around for maybe a few years now so is definitely an up and coming field. However, whether or not you end up working with it is very far down the line. At this stage get good A levels, do a good basic degree like biomed, mol bio, genetics or biochem and then think about PhDs.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
CRISPR has been around for maybe a few years now so is definitely an up and coming field. However, whether or not you end up working with it is very far down the line. At this stage get good A levels, do a good basic degree like biomed, mol bio, genetics or biochem and then think about PhDs.

Ok :smile: Thnak you, that sounds like a sensible route!
Reply 3
Original post by Sam_C_

I think genetic engineering is the way to go. Ive watched a few videos on CRISPR its pretty cool imo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending