Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So as many of you will be aware, I badly messed up.

At/near the start of the general election, Saunders asked me for information about how the Libertarian Party was doing. I responded by telling him exactly how many votes they were on, and gave him updates about this throughout the election. I also told him about the standings of other parties. In addition to this, I informed him of the existence of a Motion of No Confidence in him hours before it was due to go up. Well, both of those got out. I proceeded to attempt to defend and cover myself up, refusing to talk, making frankly ridiculous arguments and excuses, and, yes, lying about the extent of what I had done.

I abused my position to tell my friend (who is, by the way, not at fault - what he did was natural, this is all me) confidential information that I was not under any circumstances allowed to disclose. I then lied to and betrayed some of the only people who have ever remotely valued me in an attempt to cover up and defend my stupid, irresponsible and immature actions. I have behaved completely unacceptably. I'm sorry for abusing my powers, I'm sorry for lying, I'm sorry for breaking the trust you as a community put in me and I'm sorry that I did not have the balls to admit to what I'd done so it took other people to call me out. I hate myself for having acted in this way, I'm ashamed and I fully deserve the punishment I will get. If you think this behaviour is unacceptable, please do not be afraid to express that to me: I ****ed up and I deserve everything I get.

Needless to say I do not deserve to continue in the position I abused. As such, given the speakership transition, I'm resigning as Deputy Speaker with effect when Dayne is fully installed and/or no longer needs me as Acting Speaker.

I realise that I've lost any respect or trust anyone had for me, and I accept that: it's the consequence I deserve for what I did. I will remain in the House (if this doesn't result in a ban) but I do not expect to be trusted with any position of responsibility for a very long while yet.

EDIT: Oh my God this is top trending, if you haven't visited this part of the site before I promise you this is very far removed from what the game is usually like, believe it or not it is a lot of fun...!

ReputationRep:
    You have my respect for this full confession and resignation, I am sorry that your deputy speakership had to end in disgrace like this but justice needs to be done.

Justice still needs to be done; Saunders16, follow your co-conspirator’s example and resign as libertarian leader with immediate effect, while we await the CT’s judgment.

ReputationRep:
    You did **** up and you have now admitted it and done the right thing, I wouldn’t say you have lost any respect or trust people had in you as in the end you did come clean, I’d be a hypocrite if I said otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    Damn, I’m not even in the flipping party and I feel bad for you.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    So it has come to this, I respect that you have made a public statement and admitted your fault in trying to deny the allegations. This is sincere it appears and to be honest I think as it stands, it is better that you were not elected speaker ( this would have been a much greater betrayal of trust). It will be an interesting few days it seems, this may or may not affect the VoNC in Saunders but it’s clear that us Libertarians cannot continue as we’ve gone on (I imagine some of our members will see irony with Saunders being involved with this and his attempt to make a new start for the party in the lead up to the election) In the end I can’t say how things will turn out but I hope things will be the best and we can all move on.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Now we just need Saunders to resign for his part in this encouraging Cran to abuse his position and break TSr rules.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    My right honourable friend cranbrook_aspie has clearly made some grave mistakes. By holding his hands up to them and resigning he has shown a great deal of courage and humility. This is characteristic of the parliamentarian I have now known for years. He continues to have my respect and admiration, as well as my gratitude for his service to this House as Deputy Speaker. I wish him the best of luck for the future and look forward to continuing to work with him as my Labour Party colleague.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    My right honourable friend cranbrook_aspie has clearly made some grave mistakes. By holding his hands up to them and resigning he has shown a great deal of courage and humility. This is characteristic of the parliamentarian I have now known for years. He continues to have my respect and admiration, as well as my gratitude for his service to this House as Deputy Speaker. I wish him the best of luck for the future and look forward to continuing to work with him as my Labour Party colleague.

G’wan my man.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)

At/near the start of the general election, Saunders asked me for information about how the Libertarian Party was doing. I responded by telling him exactly how many votes they were on, and gave him updates about this throughout the election. I also told him about the standings of other parties. In addition to this, I informed him of the existence of a Motion of No Confidence in him hours before it was due to go up. Well, both of those got out. I proceeded to attempt to defend and cover myself up, refusing to talk, making frankly ridiculous arguments and excuses, and, yes, lying about the extent of what I had done.

I abused my position to tell my friend (who is, by the way, not at fault - what he did was natural, this is all me) confidential information that I was not under any circumstances allowed to disclose. I then lied to and betrayed some of the only people who have ever remotely valued me in an attempt to cover up and defend my stupid, irresponsible and immature actions. I have behaved completely unacceptably. I'm sorry for abusing my powers, I'm sorry for lying, I'm sorry for breaking the trust you as a community put in me and I'm sorry that I did not have the balls to admit to what I'd done so it took other people to call me out. I hate myself for having acted in this way, I'm ashamed and I fully deserve the punishment I will get. If you think this behaviour is unacceptable, please do not be afraid to express that to me: I ****ed up and I deserve everything I get.

Needless to say I do not deserve to continue in the position I abused. As such, given the speakership transition, I'm resigning as Deputy Speaker with effect when Dayne is fully installed and/or no longer needs me as Acting Speaker.

I realise that I've lost any respect or trust anyone had for me, and I accept that: it's the consequence I deserve for what I did. I will remain in the House (if this doesn't result in a ban) but I do not expect to be trusted with any position of responsibility for a very long while yet.
    You declare that it is natural for Saunders to ask you to divulge information in breach of both house and site rules, did any other party leader request the same information of you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    You declare that it is natural for Saunders to ask you to divulge information in breach of both house and site rules, did any other party leader request the same information of you?
    Let’s ask the other part of the speakership team at the time Rakas21 did any party leader ask you to break both and site rules?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    No.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by jabbathemuttdog)
    G’wan my man.
    :yy:

ReputationRep:
    No.
    So it is not natural for party leaders to ask you?

ReputationRep:
    I guess that's what happens when you get a commie to run anything.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    I am both disappointed but also glad to see you take this action. Disappointed because our speakership team had such potential and it is a shame that I will not be able to rely on your skill set in the same way in order to improve this house. I hope you will stay and get involved still as this house had need of you still.

That said, and as you admit, you abused the position you were given and gave an unfair advantage to another party, no matter how slight. You then put your friends into greater trouble by lying about it and trying to cover the situation up. Those are unacceptable for someone put into the high position of deputy speaker, though I do know that you are genuinely remorseful for your actions.

It is only right that those who are given a position of authority lose that authority when it is abused and I am also glad to see you apologising sincerely for the actions you took. The action you have taken today, alongside the dedication you have shown to this house, should be remembered if you ever apply for a position of authority again.

In terms of practicalities, Cran will still be the acting speaker for the foreseeable future. I will be taking over as soon as I get the necessary permissions to run the house and I will begin the search for a new DS at that time.I will attempt to speed up this process if I am able to do so.

ReputationRep:
    You did the right thing cran owning up to your feck up and you came clean, you have my respect for that. Don't put yourself down you made a mistake and this will be forgetting soon, so don't think about it too much. It's a shame your deputy speakership had to end like this on a dirty scandal.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Well, at least you've eventually come clean about it in the end. It's disappointing to see this has happened, but I personally don't doubt the honesty of your remorse and apology. You still did plenty of good in your time as Deputy Speaker, so chin up mate. You're not the first to make a mistake and you won't be the last, so don't beat yourself up about it. :yy:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Rekt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Let’s ask the other part of the speakership team at the time Rakas21 did any party leader ask you to break both and site rules?
    In a serious way, no.

Take a breath, your statement suggests that you may be a bit too emotional right now. It's a game, people will still respect you and you can rebuild and attain the speakership in time.

It's a shame that this has occured as your an asset to the House and one hopes you won't suffer punishment and before seeing this statement (more serious than i thought) i was actually going to suggest that you should hold your ground after some repentance.

The question here though is why you did it more than anything else. I understand the MoNC a little but not so much the election?

ReputationRep:
    this is hella cringe. Leave OP alone. Some of you lot support trump and hes groped women, colluded with Russia and dodged taxes but nooooooo OP is bad because he shared some stuff with his friends. You lot are hypocrites.

Its not even that serious. This is basically pretend play.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.