Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm currently applying for postgraduate study (MA/MPHIL/MSt), and on the website for some applications, it asks if I have funding. I have tried to apply for funding through SFE, but it says I'm not eligible for funding. I'm very confused about 1. What the website means when it asks whether I have funding and 2. Why my application has been rejected. Have I missed the deadline for this year?
    I am currently studing a BA in Bristol. I am a UK resident. Is it not possible to get MA funding if you start your course immediately after leaving your undergraduate program, or have I just applied too late?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by sjamesunderwood)
    Hi,

I'm currently applying for postgraduate study (MA/MPHIL/MSt), and on the website for some applications, it asks if I have funding. I have tried to apply for funding through SFE, but it says I'm not eligible for funding. I'm very confused about 1. What the website means when it asks whether I have funding and 2. Why my application has been rejected. Have I missed the deadline for this year?
    I am currently studing a BA in Bristol. I am a UK resident. Is it not possible to get MA funding if you start your course immediately after leaving your undergraduate program, or have I just applied too late?
    Hi sjamesunderwood,

1. Some universities will want to make sure that you can fund the course before going through the application process.

2. When do the courses start? Are they for the current Academic Year 2017/18 or are they 2018/19 courses?

Thanks,

Stuart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stuart SFE)
    Hi sjamesunderwood,

1. Some universities will want to make sure that you can fund the course before going through the application process.

2. When do the courses start? Are they for the current Academic Year 2017/18 or are they 2018/19 courses?

Thanks,

Stuart
    Hi,

The courses for which I am applying for funding start in the academic year 2018/19.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by sjamesunderwood)
    Hi,

The courses for which I am applying for funding start in the academic year 2018/19.
    Hi sjamesunderwood,

The applications for 2018/19 funding aren't open yet. That's why it'll be showing as ineligible.

Postgraduate Loan applications will open during the summer. There will be more information available nearer the time. You can check for updates on this website, on gov.uk and on Facebook & Twitter.

Regards,

Stuart

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.